Chapter 21

I've met royals in the past. Princesses as well. 

They were very spoiled and did everything they wanted and didn't care who took the blame or the consequences as long as they were alive and happy. So I was a bit taken aback. I mean losing a soul for Sierr isn't that big of a deal, he just loses some mana but losing a soul for a normal person even with black hair is not an easy feat. It's mostly death, the consequence. 

I looked down a little. 

     It reminds me of something I did in the past. 

Loyalty. Back when my master was still alive and I was a mere 300 years old, I was.... I still smile at the thought of me. I was stupid. 

       Not in the traditional sense. Just, stupid. 

I was undeservingly loyal to my master and I paid the price for that. I had always seen my master be only kind and full of wisdom. It was shocking to know that everyone in the country hated him. When he was captured and about to be executed, I had objected. But he said to me, "Sit down, Licst, You haven't a wrong yet. I never deserved you, did I?" 

       Then he died. 

Those words flew around my head for centuries. Even after I learned my master was a mad magician who had experimented and kidnapped countless children and  tortured them to experiment on....I was still confused. 

         Because in all of my small world, my master was kind and his hands were big but warm and he was... my father. If I could, I would still pay my life for him. 

      Maybe I got my stupidity from him since he's such a bad guy.... 

"...." Her eyes were a vivid blue just like her father. It made me smile. She reminds me of someone. Not just me, him. Maybe it's the long black hair.

"Here, I'll give you a discount. You never dye your hair any other color than black and I'll undo that curse, yeah?" I asked. 

Sierr's eyes widened as he stared at me. I smirked. I've known Sierr for quite a long time, I granted him a wish when he was still considered a teen. Lol. 

"Really?" She asked. 

I nodded, "Sure. Just follow my request and there you have it." 

I slowly lifted my hand to her head and her hair jumped in the air before turning black instead of white. 

She smiled her face filling up with warmth and relief. 

* ***********

    I feel excited. Overwhelmingly excited. Even though I'm actually silent outside I feel the need to jump up and never stop. 

Suddenly big drops of clear tears fell from my face as I looked down at the rough cave floor. Ah? 

Father, dad, PAPA! I'm really really really happy! I quickly wiped my tears off and nearly jumped in the air as laughs filled the cave. Sierr had a bright smile on his face and Licst bent down to unsleep August. 

      He poked him a little and August's eyes burst open before he jumped up. "What? WHat happened?!" He yelled as he looked around confused. I had a brilliant smile on my face as I said, "We're going back!" 

He blushed before tears filled his eyes and he started crying too. We then hugged it all out. 

       "I wonder though. Why Madam Winsdoor worked with the brat anyway?" Sierr muttered to Licst. 

"Idk, maybe she rlly needed money." Licst suggested. 

"Yeah, Yeah. But to use her strongest potion?" Sierr commented. 

Licst shrugged his shoulders.