🐉 Author's note and bonus content 🐉

This story was written for 2020 Open Novella Contest - a huge Wattpad-wide contest judged by Wattpad ambassadors and made it onto the shortlist.

Two ONC prompts came together to form this story's premise. I won't quote them since that would be a spoiler, but I can tell you that one featured a dragon curse and the other called for a journey to sky islands. I felt that these two prompts were made for each other and couldn't resist including both.

There are no trigger warnings. The main character is a demon but not in a biblical sense. We get up to awesome high fantasy tropes like realms, new races, mythical creatures, magic, and, of course, dragons.

Feedback is welcome. Or you could just say Hi. I love to interact with my readers - that's the beauty of publishing on Wattpad.

Enjoy!

🎸 BONUS CONTENT 🎸

🎸 BONUS CONTENT 🎸

After the success of incorporating a songfic into The Merlin Paradox,  I did the same in this book. The raw beauty of the song below inspired a lot of themes you'll find in this book. I can't help but sway to this tune. I have a lot of respect for Mrs. Krzysztoń. Show me another middle-aged singer that is bold enough to perform without make-up. And her voice is exquisite.

My translation is below for those of you unfortunate enough to not understand Polish.

Pearly Boat (Perłowa Łódź)

Sang and composed by Antonina Krzysztoń

When the Pearly Boat comes
And the heart sings
I will call you at the top of my lungs
No, don't part with me ever again

And the whole world -
A flame sheltered in our palms

When the Pearly Boat comes
And the heart sings
You will call me at the top of your lungs
No, don't part with me ever again.

And the whole world -
A flame sheltered in our palms

You're by my side - I feel peace
I feel happiness and respite
Past days - one tear
To see your smiling face through
Only your smiling face

And I know, I know
That we'll sail this boat together

And you tell me
That we'll sail this boat forever

And I tell you
That we'll sail this boat forever

And the whole world -
A flame sheltered in our palms