Apologies || Don West X Reader

Your POV

"Don. Don, wait!" You yell, stalking after your fuming boyfriend of pretty near four years. "Don!"

He stops, dead in his tracks, turning to glare at you.

"What is it, princess?" He sneers, narrowing his eyes.

"I... I." You begin to stutter, standing there rather awkwardly now, your previous urgency quickly diminishing.

"You're what? You're sorry? Because a simple sorry ain't gonna fix things now! Literally!" Don retorts, gesturing to the now broken piece of machinery in his hands. "This was our last solution to the Chariot problem, Y/N."

"Don," You sigh. "It was an honest accident. I didn't notice you had your hands full! And frankly, when have you cared so much about solving anybody else's issues other than your own?"

You spit out your last few words like venom.

The man in front of you stumbles back slightly, almost as if your words had physically hurt him.

You groan inwardly, knowing full well what you had just started.

"Geez. I am horrible with words. Listen, I didn't mean to-"

He raises a hand to silence you, glaring daggers at you.

"Ease off." He mutters, before turning on his heel and continuing on his way.

"Don!" You practically whine as he continues his long strides. "I'm sorry!"

"I'm sure you are!" He yells back, his voice echoing down the now empty halls of the Resolute.

"For frig sakes." You mutter lowly, quickly following after him.

The bright orange jacket was hard to miss, really. It was helpful in times like these; you could easily trail behind him and still know exactly where he was headed.

Which was exactly the case now.

As you pass the Mess Hall, filled with families eating dinner, you wave at Will Robinson, who you had seen around a few times.

Nice kid.

He waves back, smiling broadly.

Continuing on, you allow your focus to solely set on the back of the familiar orange jacket, watching with mild confusion as Don steps into a stairwell off to the side, heading down.

"Where are you going?" You mumble softly to yourself, entering the stairwell seconds after him, the sound of a door shutting distantly below you signalling that he had likely headed to his quarters for the evening.

I've gotta go talk to him... I can't just leave it like this...

"Don? Are you there?" You inquire neutrally into your Comm, waiting for a reply as you lean against a nearby wall.

"What do you want now?" Your boyfriend's voice comes through on the other end, sounding tired and frustrated.

"We need to finish our conversation. We can't leave it like that!"