[Request] You're Welcome, Kiddo || Don and Penny

Requested by yoyoyoyoyoyoyy123123! Thank you so much for the request and sorry for the delay! And, thanks for the reminder, I appreciate it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penny

I couldn't believe it.

We lived... We were literally just blasted into space in a box meant for classroom research samples... and we lived...

I had never thought that I would have been in that situation... Ever.

Something to add to my book, I guess.

With a rather shaky sigh, I cast my gaze around the Jupiter's Hub, smiling slightly at Vijay, who was sitting beside me.

"I never want to do that ever again." He laughs tensely, returning my small smile slightly.

"I second that." I reply with a much warmer laugh, a smirk on my face. "But, you know, it's not every day that you get the pleasure of being hurled through the vacuum of space in a box meant for research samples."

Vijay just nods, shaking his head.

"You're hilarious." He mutters softly.

"I know." I breathe, chuckling softly to myself.

Ironically, I somehow feel better than I had in a long time... Apparently nearly dying has that effect on a person.

"I'm still finding it hard to believe they would've just blown us into space just like that... It makes me wonder what the people in charge actually think..." I murmur, sinking in my seat slightly, a sudden series of chills shaking me.

Silence fills the room, rather heavy, before the distant sound of rapid footsteps breaks it.

The sound carries a certain weight to them, and whoever's footsteps they were; the person seemed to be walking pretty urgently.

They sound too heavy to be Naoko's... So they must be-

"Here. Go crazy." The owner of the footsteps announces, two rectangular looking things landing on the table in front of Vijay and I.

Don's.

The boy beside me quickly scoops up the bar nearest him, examining it hastily as a look of recognition falls upon his features.

"Chocolate? Where did you get this?" He asks urgently, astonished.

Snapping myself from the thoughts swirling around my head, I grab the remaining bar, tearing open the wrapper eagerly.

"This is like gold up here, Don!" I smile, shoving aside my shivers and the ever-growing mass of rather concerning thoughts.

This stuff literally tastes like Heaven! It's amazing how you forget the taste of things you once had at your fingertips.

"Actually, it's easier to find gold. But you better eat this before it gets impounded." Don quips, sliding into the chair beside me, giving me a small smile.

"Impounded? What's that supposed to mean?" A now panicked teen demands, his chocolate bar tossed aside.

My gaze wanders back to the man in the bright orange jacket, who had a look of annoyance on his features.