awkward; rue bennett.

warnings: none

"hey,"

i closed her locker a bit just to see who it was standing by my locker and saw rue. her red hood was over her head. when i saw her i could feel my eyes filled with happiness for an unknown reason to me. i mean, i liked rue. she was cute and timid. so i smiled at her and closed my locker. giving undivided attention. "hey there, camper."

rue motioned her head over to the side a bit making it tilt. her eyes also moving away from my intrigued filled ones. "can you walk with me for a sec?"

of course i didn't say no, and walked with rue. it was more of a "why not" moment for me.

even though everyone was talking, the hallway seemed quiet like. almost mute along with the air. but eventually rue spoke up which made everyone's talking louder and filled in.

"so...there's this party that my friend kat invited me to if you wanted to come." i could feel rue turn her head  over to look at me but i didn't have anything to respond with right away. i was staring out in front, trying to think of what to say. i'm pretty sure rue that it was a look of ignorance but in reality of i was just thinking about what she had said.

rue looked embarrassed as she turned her head to look forward herself. "that was a dumb question. you're new and probably have to unpack and-."

"what time is it?" 

rue turned her head over at me. her eyes widening at my words. "wh-what." she stuttered as she turned back to look at the hallway.

i couldn't help but smile at her reaction and looked away from her. "the party; what time is the party happening. i do have to unpack but my mom won't mind if i go out for a bit," i looked rue up and down. "especially with a cute girl."

rue turned back to look at y/n and chuckled a bit. a nervous chuckle but still a chuckle. "oh, it's at 8ish. it's gonna last a while so you can come back at my house if you get tired."

"sure," the bell rang and i turned my feet pointing towards rues; rue doing the same. "that's the bell. i'll see you at lunch?"

rue nodded her head. "yeah, at lunch."

i smiled at her. "see you around, rue." i walked off to her next class not in a hurry leaving rue standing there watching her leave.

she felt her face crack a smile.