run

| run |

The First Run made me feel something that I can't explain

The First Run made me feel something that I can't explain. My stomach turned about here and there, power flowing through my veins as all of these people followed me.

The sound of paws hitting the ground as we ran, the wind blowing through our fur, the branches snapping as we stepped on them, I made sure to remember the very feeling.

I made sure that I never forget this moment.

I could feel the unity of the she-wolves and their happiness, they truly followed me.

After an hour, we stopped by the lake to take a drink. I climbed up a rock which let me oversee everyone. When I had everyone's attention, I howled to the full moon up above.

I sang a song of gratefulness.

The moon goddess would have heard me with this sincerity right?

Everyone joined and I could feel the goosebumps making my fur stand straight. It was the prettiest sound.

Surely now, the moon goddess would hear right?

We continued the run for another hour and I started running back to the pack house. The run would soon be over and I was leading the way back.

When we arrived in front of the pack house, I stood again at the very front. Not long after, the males arrived and stayed in the back, however Ian came over to the front and stayed by my side.

The night would be over soon, after the First Run, all pack members must bow their heads before heading home and it was done by family.

The Beta's family came first. Alec came with his parents behind beside him as they bowed down for a bit and stood back up. I smiled at the bak of my head.

Next came Elliot and Andrea as well as Elliot's family.

We were in the middle of bowing our heads when I felt it. All of a sudden, the giddy, happy feeling left. Panic and alertness made me look around nervously.

Something's going to happ--

All our attention turned towards the side, where we heard a very loud explosion coming from. My heart beat erratically at this point, Ian and I both stood up trying to assess the situation.

What is going on?!

Then we see the pack members who have already gone home running back towards the pack house, some of them even newly shifted back to their human form.

The others instinctively stood back and like us, trying to understand what was going on.

And then the scent hits me. Rogues? No, I mean yes, but not regular rogues. I closed my eyes to get a better whiff, to try and locate them.