Chapter 12

Caspian strolls down to his father's private study to discuss matters with him. His face still grinning as he knocks on the door. 

"Enter" 

He pushes the door open to see his dad standing by the window looking out to where his sister and young Navene are walking around with Tesara. He walks over standing beside his father watching the magical moment play out. Tesara being chased by the two young children who can't stop laughing the day away. The king smiles and chuckles as his daughter trips on her own feet. Navene is quick to help her up before they are off again. 

"Seems that both my children have become attached." 

Caspian can feel the blood rush up his neck knowing exactly what his father is implying. He would not deny it. He knew his heart lied with the silver goddess currently staying within these walls. His dad smirks seeing his son blush. 

"Father, you said we had matters to discuss." 

The king nods and gestures for Caspian to take a seat across from him which he does. The king takes a moment collecting his thoughts before speaking. Caspian watching intently as his father seems to be lost in thought. 

"First thing. I have invited the princess of Darion here and she will be arriving in a few days time." 

Caspian's face completely pales thinking of the leech coated in paint. The princess of Darion, also known as Lena, is not known to be kind. She is all smiles to the royals but treats everyone with condensation and has no heart to rule a nation. She only thinks for herself and what she wants. On numerous occasions, Caspian has witnessed her ruthless ways. Every time she has come to visit, she always attaches herself to Caspian. 

"Father, what is the meaning of her visit." 

"Originally it was because she missed you and we thought there might be a connection-"

The king can't even finish his sentence before his son jolts up out of his chair. Caspian's face hardening. 

"You were attempting to set me up?"

"Settle son, I know that is not the case anymore. I only ever wanted you happy. I thought you liked Lena." Caspian can't help but scoff at his father. "Regardless, we have to be polite while she visits our kingdom." 

"Father, I will not be her escort while she is here. I-"

The king holds up his hand stopping his son. 

"I know you have grown attached to Lady Artemis." He stands up as Caspian continues looking at him. "You still have your duties though. Until you have spoken to Artemis about your intentions,  we will still be hosting Princess Lena of Darion." 

"Father-"

"End of discussion Caspian." His father states sternly. 

"Yes, my king." Caspian bows but his face has changed from the once happy face to a look of pure outrage. King sighs knowing he has upset his son. Caspian doesn't wait as he strolls out of his chambers. 

Your upset Caspian

Caspian halts his steps and looks around for Artemis. He stands still but can't seem to place her. He begins walking and tries again to communicate with her. 

Where are you love?

Artemis who is currently in the stables can't help but smile at his term of endearment. 

In the stables my prince

Caspian changes direction heading off towards the stables. He sees a cloaked figure with a horse. He walks over and halts once again in surprise.