Chapter 6

Weeks passed by after the party and the ride that I gave Lucy. I thought that it was the last time I'll be hanging out with her. I was wrong.

She started hanging out with us. And as time went by, she became more clingy and more annoying. I don't know how long I can stand her, but I'm so close to changing places with her and hang out with her cheerleaders instead.

Lexi and I were hanging out in my backyard, dipping our feet into the pool as the sun peeked under the white clouds. It's our typical Saturday activity. We either hang out here, or go to the mall to watch a movie. Sometimes we hang out with Kayla too, if she's not with her best friend.

"Should we even go and watch a movie?" Lexi asked, wiggling her feet in the water.

"I don't know. Is there any good movie showing?" I answered back.

"Toy Story 4. That's it."

"Wanna watch it?"

"Meh. I already did,"

"I haven't watched it..." I trailed off, hiding my face away from her knowing that she will flip out.

"You WHAT?!" She exclaimed.

"What? I'm busy reading books, okay?" I shrugged.

"It's part of our childhood and you didn't bother to watch it when it was released?" She said, mouth hung open. I gave her a sheepish grin. She rolled her eyes at me and stood up. "Get dressed and meet me at your porch. We're gonna use your car too,"

I stood up, feeling the cold breeze hitting my wet feet and shivered. I rolled down my pants and followed her order. "Why my car?"

"Cause you haven't watched Toy Story 4 and didn't even make time to watch it... Also my car doesn't have much gas," She admitted.

"Fine. But you're paying for the tickets and food," I said sternly.

"But why m-"

"I'll pay, but you're gonna pay for my gas-"

"Tickets and food it is!" She yelled, running inside of her house.

I shook my head as I chuckled. Lexi loves to use my car. She said she loves getting free rides from me and from Kayla. But to be fair, she'll be the one to buy our food. She's very wise. She knew that treating us is a lot more cheaper than using her car and buy gas for it. I chose to wear my school's team shirt, black cargo pants, and my Timberland boots. I took my keys from my drawer, went downstairs, then locked the front door cause no one is home. My parents went out on a date and I didn't need to ask for permission. We all have a spare key of the house, so we're good to go.

When I got to the porch, Lexi was already there, leaning on my car while waiting. We took off and went on our way to the mall. I turned on the stereo and a song that I recognized was playing. Lexi turned up the volume and we started singing along at the top of our lungs.

We arrived on time at the mall, 10 minutes before the movie starts. I told Lexi to buy us snacks and drinks while I buy the tickets. Whenever we go to the movies, we have this tradition. We would complete all the seats starting from A1 to J20. If someone took the seat we were supposed to get, we'll take the next seats and we'll come back for the same seat numbers on our next movie date.

"Two tickets please. F11 and F12," I said to the girl behind the cashier.

"12 is taken. The only available seats in F are 4, 11, 14, and 17," she read on the computer while chewing her gum.

The thing about our tradition is that we can't change letters unless there's no seat available. We're fine if we don't sit next to each other. My best friend got our food in her hands and stood by my side.