10

I walk to the door and shiver. This was my home but, I left it and I never thought I would come back. This was supposed to be our home with our children. Now, I walk to this home and feel like a stranger. What's behind this door? What changes were made? I shakily open the door after getting the spare key that was under the fake rock, unlocking it. 

"It's the same"I smile as tears start to form

I place my things on the bench and lock the door. I slowly walk up the stairs and walk along the walls. I roam the floor and I see the nursey with a pink ribbon on the door. I place my hand on the knob, I try to open the door but it doesn't budge. I stand there for a short minute before stepping back. I wander away and look around. I find one of the many guest rooms and take my coat off placing it on the bed.  I walk out and see that down the hall is the room. I'm met with the door to the master and freeze as it is cracked. I place my hands on the door softly and push it open. 

Again it's the same, just as I left it

Again it's the same, just as I left it....I mean just as I left. It doesn't look like its been touched at all. Its been dusted but, everything else remains the same. I go into the bathroom and its a mess from when I was in a rush the last time. I hurry out and close the door behind me. I walk farther down and notice his office. I wonder in and see keys on the desk with one having BG written on it. I take them and wonder to the nursery. I try the key in the hole and it went in. I turned the lock and it opens. I open the door all the way and reveals the room.