Chapter 20: The Heart Holds The Answer

I did not get any sleep last night. I kept thinking about Tori and her fiancée. Why would I cry over seeing them kissing? I asked myself.

"So, you had fun at the party?" Rey asked.

"Uh, huh" I replied, my eyes are still focused on my computer screen.

"Tori got engaged to Grace Thomson. Was that the reason for the party?" he asked again.

"Uh, huh" still focused on the screen with a bunch of numbers I don't understand. Oh, right! That's my inventory spreadsheet.

"And you're acting like that, because your loved one is now engaged to someone"

"Uh, huh" I replied, then I snapped back to my senses. "What? No! Shut up! I'm trying to focus on this.. on this.."

"inventory sheet?" Rey finished my sentence.

"Yeah, that" I said.

"Sis, I've known you since we're kids. You don't have to hide anything from me. If something bothers you, talk to me" Rey said and smiled.

"I would, if I know what I want to talk about" I answered.

"I can see you're confused. But you're forgetting something" he said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Sometimes, your brain doesn't need to make decisions on its own"

"What do you mean?"

*Knock* *Knock*

Someone knocked on our office door interrupting our conversation.

"Come in" Rey said.

"Hi, you two. Brie, someone's here looking for you" Mike replied.

My heart beated wildly. I sprung up from my chair and hoped that this someone, is the one I am wanting to see.

"I'll be there" I said and immediately walked out of the office.

"She's there" Mike pointed to the patio seats outside.

I felt a smile trying to escape my lips and I placed one of my hand over my chest, as I try my best to hold my heart in place. I walked towards the door leading to the patio and opened it.

As soon as I open the door, there's a person standing outside leaning over the patio. She's wearing a black ripped jeans, red shirt and has.. black wavy hair? My heartbeat stopped, as if the butterflies inside me earlier stopped flapping.

"Levi?"

"Wow, do I look that ugly for you to be that disappointed?" she asked.

"Ah! No, I.. uh just didn't expect you'd be here" I replied.

Why do I feel sad? Am I expecting it to be someone? Did I hope for it to be Tori? If it is her, will I have the same reaction just now?

"I just came by to ask how you're doing. I didn't see you last night after you left me in the garden. I guess, I was worried" she answered and placed her hand at the back of her neck, slightly blushing.

"I'm fine, thanks for your concern" I replied and gave her a smile.

"You're a really bad liar, Brie" Levi said and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Just remember what I said yesterday. I'll wait for you" she continued and kissed me on my forehead. "See you around" she said and walked away.

I just stood there, to dumb to understand what she meant by that.

"Seems like she knows you more than you know yourself" Rey suddenly came out of nowhere.

"Jesus! You scared me!" I yelled at him. "And what do you mean by that?" I asked.