Last Days and More Parties

Maya's POV

The last couple of weeks have been...bumpy.

Since that Saturday at the park, things have been different between Mason and I. He's changed towards me and I can't say I blame him.

Today is the last day of school and instead of being excited for the summer break, I'm anxious. I don't know what Mason has planned; all he keeps telling me is that he'll fix everything.

"May! May!" Bianca runs through the pool of students in the parking lot, trying to reach me.

Shelly immediately comes into view next to her, looking rather annoyed.

"Where were you guys?" I ask once they're in front of me.

"Were you going to leave without first talking to us?" Shelly looks between me and Mason's car.

"No," I shake my head, "I just thought it was better to wait out here."

The building is bustling with students. For people who don't like this place, they sure don't seem like they want to leave.

"Okay, so we're going to have thee best summer." Bianca squeals. "Movie days and nights, sleepovers, lunch at Lucy's. My mom even hinted at giving me a car for the summer."

I grin at the last part. "Okay a car would be awesome!"

"What would be more awesome is if we could drive that car to the best pool parties." Shelly sulks.

She wanted us to add parties to our summer activities list but that's not really for Bianca and I. After my first and last high school party, I'm not very fond of them.

"Did I hear you ladies say party?" Nathan approaches us, a smirk glued to his face.

"Are you eavesdropping?" Shelly's features wrinkle with a distasteful frown.

"No, no, my queen," he winks at her, "I wasn't. If you ladies want to go to a party then you must come with us to Lucy's."

"Oh, uhm, parties aren't really our thing." Bianca slightly pushes her glasses back.

"Bummer, Trevor throws the sickest parties." Nathan shakes his head.

"Trevor?" Bianca stares at Nathan, trying to hide her smile.

I really have to talk to her about this developing crush.

"Well, I guess we could try one party."

My eyes widen and I stare at Bianca, who looks away, ignoring me.

How could she?

"OMG! No way! You're agreeing to a party?" Shelly turns to Nathan. "This, this just made me dislike you less."

A smile appears on Nathan's face and I roll my eyes.

I look away from my friends and spot Mason, Justin and Max amongst the other students loitering in the parking lot. They say something to another group of boys before making their way to us.

"Hey." They say simultaneously and we all reply.

"So are we on for tonight?" Nathan asks and Shelly and Bianca enthusiastically nod.

He turns around to leave but Bianca runs after him, asking him to explain more. Shelly follow behind, leaving me with Mason, Justin and Max.

"On for what?" Max asks with a confused look.

"Trevor's party, at Lucy's." I sigh.

"What? We're not going there." Justin states.

"I don't wanna go there," I groan "but now my friends want to go and I also have to go."