~ Chapter 34 ~

I woke up to a text from my father. It only stated that he and my new stepmother weren't going to be home for a long time. I assume that he's talking about some sort of honeymoon. I am not in the least bit upset about having the house to myself. 

I also woke up to a second text. That one was from Athena saying that I needed to talk to Axel. There was no other context than that, but I didn't really need any. I think I have a basic idea of why Axel might be upset. 

However, he has no room to be too upset. I hadn't even mentioned another word about what happened with him and Olivia at the side of the school. I had a come to Jesus moment with myself and realized that I'm still not over that. I didn't even question him about it. 

The worst part is that I know he knows he's wrong for that. 

With a deep sigh, I text Athena asking where he is, and roll out of bed. Maybe I would even make myself a nice breakfast now that I have the whole house to myself. I might just try hanging out in other rooms besides my room. 

After my extremely long and hot shower, I put on something cute and trotted downstairs. I can't even remember the last time I cooked something in my kitchen. I do, however, remember that one reason I don't cook is that I'm not very good at it. 

A good thirty minutes pass and I realize that the fridge is completely empty besides some old juice and last year's Easter eggs. Does Carol not cook for my father? What do they eat? What do I eat? 

I drink the rest of the stale juice and head to my car. Athena said that Axel was at the gym preparing for his next fight, so the gym it is. 

Could Axel really have seen the recording of the wedding? That just doesn't really seem like the type of thing he would watch. I give up on being stubborn and decide to call Athena. I should at least try and understand what I'm walking into. 

"Good morning, Angel," She sings into the phone. 

"Athena..."

"I- I feel like it's not my place to tell you. You know I love you, so it's not bad," She cuts herself off with a sigh, "We just feel like you're the only person that can talk him out of this,"

"We?"

"Yes, me and the guys,"

"Okay, what is he trying to do?"

"It would be more effective if he explained it to you,"

Well, this has been the most unhelpful conversation I've ever had in my entire life

"Will you guys be at the gym?"

"No, it's closed. My father let Axel in because he knows what he's training for,"

"So basically everyone knows what going on except me?" I ask turning into the gym parking lot. 

There was no one here. The only vehicle in the parking lot was a pretty black bike. Both my heart and head were pounding inside of me. Why the hell am I so nervous? I did nothing wrong. It wasn't even my choice to go with Lucas. I would've rather taken Axel as my date-

I would never tell him that though

"Actually, yes," Her voice quips into my speakers. 

"Alright, I love you," I smile lightly, "Tell my parents I want purple flowers at my funeral,"

"I love you more," She laughs.

Before I shut off the call she speaks up again, "Vic, please don't let him do anything stupid. We might not show it often, but we really care about him,"