~ Chapter 50 ~

My breathing started to shallow as I gazed at the building in front of me. Last time I was here I thought I'd never go back. Sometimes it's unfortunate to have a conscience; seeing as after the way she talked to me last time I was here, she doesn't deserve another chance.

I walk into the doors, greeted by a different person from last time.

"Hello, I'm here to see a parent," I greet the woman nicely.

"Name please?"

The lady is definitely not as nice as the last one.

"Victoria Beckette,"

The woman looks up with lifted brows, "So you're here to see Ms. Beckette?"

I nod. The woman, who's name tag reads, Janet, looks at me a few seconds longer. Is my mother's time here up? I have no idea how long it's been since she admitted herself. I also don't know how long she has to be here to complete the program.

"I'll walk you there." The lady does everything but grunt at me as she leads the way.

I let a frown fall upon my face as I trail Janet. This can only be a sign that my visit will not end well. However, what am I supposed to do? I came here today to offer an olive branch, one last time. Whether my mother and I will have a relationship or not.

I wish things were different; anyone would. I wish I had normal loving parents. I wish my mother wasn't an alcoholic as well as I wish my father wasn't a selfish bastard.

But hey? What can you do?

Janet stops short in front of me and I do everything in my power not to run into the back of her. She whips around to me and gestures to the door.

"Different room?" I ask.

"She was having problems in her recovery and needed to be moved to a hall with more discipline."

I just nod. I reach for the door as the woman turns and leaves. Her voice ringing off the plain hallway walls catches my attention again.

"Good Luck, Victoria."

I turn towards her but before I can ask her what she means, Janet's already halfway down the hall.

I literally hate my life

I press onto the door handle, nonetheless. Immediately I'm being knocked in the face with a smell of musk and citrus. My nose unintentionally scrunches at the stuffy smell. Well, that answers one of my questions.

"It's been a long time, Victoria," I hear her voice before I see her.

My mother sits in the corner of the small room; smaller than her last. She stares out of the window. She has a better view in this room.

Her body is thin, bloodshot eyes reflecting the light. The woman that sat in front of me was no longer my beautiful mother.

"You haven't even turned to look at me, mother,"

"I didn't have to," She retorts quickly, "No one comes to visit me,"

For a moment, I feel bad. Just for a split second, I forgot why I hadn't come to see her sooner. However, memories of our last time together quickly flood back.

"You're the one that pushed me away. Are you still upset with me?"

"You need to sign the papers to get me out of here,"

"I am not old enough to sign your discharge papers, mother," I explain, "And I see that you're still going against your treatment,"

"Yeah?" She snaps at me, "And how can you see that?"