Epilogue

For a world-renowned businessman, I sure could forget a lot of things. After searching for what seemed like an hour, I still couldn't find my favourite watch. "Here it is sir", said our butler. I was sceptical while hiring him, but my wife was determined to hire him and I could see the reason now. As if waiting for the right moment to make her appearance, she popped around. "Why aren't you dressed yet? We are already late. Raj and Pari must be waiting for us at the restaurant", said Nisha as she came in the room. I saw her and I was immediately transported back to our college days. Apparently, my apology in the computer lab that day was very effective as just a few days past that, Nisha asked me out to dinner. I said yes to her, and never looked back. It was almost 15 years ago, but the woman in front of me did not look a day older than how she looked in college.

"Sorry. I was just looking for my favourite watch", I said in an apologetic tone. "You mean that ancient-looking thing with a book symbol? I am still not sure why it is your favourite watch", she said as she saw me wear it.

I looked at the watch and smiled. I still wasn't sure why Pantomath had decided to stay with me. I just assumed that it thought that I had more to offer in terms of knowledge. Or maybe it was my decision to run after it to keep it that night. I wasn't sure what it was, but I wasn't complaining. I looked at my wife and said, "A friend gave it to me many years ago. I had to choose whether to keep it or not. But it looks like I made the right decision."