Honey Colored Hair

I had to make lunch in shame. By that time my makeup mustache was removed along with the jumpsuit. I dreaded going in the house, I feared that the three boys will be laughing at me.

Making the food was no problem, but trying to go to Connor’s room where the three will be? Yes, pretty much. I’m just so glad Connor didn’t see that… But wait? What if the three tell him about me? Oh no, I better go up then!

So I headed up stairs mustering up all the courage I can.

Okay, just go in.

My feet didn’t budge though. They didn’t want to move, they too, were also in shame.

Instead I said, “Connor?”

Then someone answered, “Come in!”

My feet still didn’t want to budge.

“Hello? Come in!” said a voice.

I went in dragging my feet, lowering my head. I see Connor in his bed. One of his friends who had blonde hair sat with Connor on his bed on the side. The remaining two of his friends were standing around the room eyeing the Morgan Freeman pictures.

That is, until I came in the room.

I could tell they recognized me. Their eyes lit up in excitement.

“Hey guys! I made you guys some hamburgers! Enjoy!” I said. I placed the food on the table and immediately tried to escape.

“Wait.”

He had a deep voice; his voice was clear and crisp. It sounded like an All American Boy. I turned to see him, and he had light colored brown hair styled short and messy. Hair the color of golden honey. He was skinny but of regular size. His height wasn’t short, but he wasn’t very tall either. He was a good height, maybe one or two inches shorter than Connor. His features were boyish, like a developing adult. He still looked very handsome, but more in a cute way. His jaw line struck out, and took over a huge role in supporting his man figure. All in all, he too was a perfect specimen.

He then said, “Hey, weren’t you the one who-”

“NO WAY AWESOME YEAH! HAHA!” I exclaimed. They all looked at me in confusion. In the most covert way I tried to cover up. I tried to make my point across that I did not want it to be brought up.

He understood, and changed the subject. He said, “So, how come Connor hasn’t told us about you?” He playfully jabbed at Connor. Which Connor in response pushed him away, also jabbing back.

Connor said, “Well, she is my age. And I don’t think I needed to mention it, it isn’t important. She isn’t important.”

That stung me. The words, ‘isn’t important’. In my heart I felt sadness, but my face showed only a poker face. If that’s how he thinks of me fine, I don’t care.

“Well I think I know why you didn’t tell us about her. Keep her all to yourself, huh?” the light haired boy said jokingly. The other two boys laughed, while Connor looked irritated.

Connor got mad for some reason and argued back that I wasn’t special. Then he got up, put on his crutched and asked on the guys to help him down to pick up a movie from downstairs.

“I’ll go help him too, Connor chooses the worst movies,” said the other.

That left me alone with the golden haired boy.

Ohh, is there another BOY that will pop up in Sahra's life? Let's see what happens next :)