Connecting The Dots

Amber's pov:

"Dadddd..." I whine, trying to get away from him as he chases me from one side of the house to another.

He had a determination to get answers out of me.

Trying to quickly gather my school stuff for the day and hoping to not miss my bus was almost impossible with my Dad rapidly firing questions at me one after another.

What questions may you ask?

"What?! I just want to know how your date went."

"It wasn't a date!!!" I say, shoving all my stuff in my book bag as he stands a few feet away from me, not satisfied with my answer.

"I don't think I believe that. No only did he drop you off like any boyfriend would, you arrived blushing... blushing I tell you!!!" He says, crossing his arms over his chest.

"He was just dropping me off from hanging out with our friends... and I wasn't blushing!!!"

But deep down, I know I probably was.

I think I must have a permanent blush when I am around him, no wonder my dad is so suspicious.

"Oh don't play with me missy. I've known you since you were born, heck I was the first person to hold you in their arms after your mother, and trust me when I say this that I've never seen you look so nervous in front of a boy before in my life!"

"Dad I-..."

"WAIT!!!"

I look at him confusedly as he continues, "Is he the boy that Liam always talks about when he is here!!!"

Liam.

I'm.

Going.

To.

Kill.

You.

"No...?"

"Yes he is!!! I knew it!!! I always wondered why Liam brought up that name at times when he's been here. I always thought the name Damien was just some random actor or somethin that you had a crush on. But after connecting the dots it all makes sense now!" My dad smirks as I look away, embarrassed.

"I-...Ugh." I couldn't even argue with his words because he was completely right.

It's just embarrassing that your dad knows who your crush is.

And the worst part is that Liam has been mentioning Damien's name for years. My dad probably connected that, figuring out that I've liked this boy for that long.

"Awww, sweetie there is nothing to be embarrassed about. I've had my fair share of crushes throughout my life, it's a natural thing."

Somebody plan my funeral please.

I don't want a boy talk.

I don't walk a boy talk!!!

"I know, it's just... weird when people know about your crush. Liam was already enough and that was just one person." I say truthfully.

But let's be honest, by now I think the whole entire world knows.

I still have to ask Liam who he's all told, because I am almost positive that he told all our friends.

Not that I don't trust them, but I would probably throw myself in a hole if Damien found it.

I wouldn't even be surprised if he thought I was a stalker for liking him for so long.

But I also have to consider the fact that there are tons of other girls in my school who are crushing on Damien also.