Chapter 11

Val's POV

We just made it to the Country Troll's town.

The town looked pretty cool.

"This must be where the Country Music Trolls  live." Poppy says to us.

"Well, it looks like nobody's here. We're too late. Time to go home. Come one, guys, let's go." Branch says as he was about to turn around and walk away.

"There is no 'I quit' in 'team'." Poppy says as she starts to walk towards the town.

I grab Branches arm and follow Poppy into the town.

Once we made it in the town, we hid behind a barrel.

I peak from behind the barrel to see a very quiet town. It also looked abandoned.

Soon, the clock tower rings, signalling that it was 12:00.

I look over to see one of the Country Trolls walking out of a building. She looked like the leader of the Country Trolls. And I believe her name is Delta Dawn.

Delta starts to play her banjo before singing.

Delta: We don't hope for making things better. All we want is to keep it together. Every day is a rainy day, no change in the weather. This kind of life has made our hearts as hard as leather. And all these tears are from the dust in our eyes. And all these years just keep on passing us by. We all know that we're just born to die. That's the way it goes when you're just born to die.

Delta's singing was actually pretty good.

"This song is so sad." Poppy says to us.

"Yeah, it is sad." Branch says.

"I like it." I say as I look at the others.

"You do?" Poppy asks me.

I just nod as an answer.

"Huh. But it's so different. Oh, they must not know that music is supposed to make you happy. That's awful." Poppy says to us.

"Um, I don't think that's how songs work." I says to Poppy, but it appears that she wasn't listening.

I look ahead to see that everyone in the town started to square dance while Delta kept singing.

Delta: And all these years just keep on passing us by. And all this misery makes it hard to deny. That's the way it goes when you're just born to die.

"Okay, guys, huddle up." Poppy says to us.

Me and the others gather around, to hear what Poppy was going to say.

I could tell that the Country Trolls noticed us, because they are staring in our direction.

"First things first, these Trolls need some serious cheering up, so we're gonna to have to go top-shelf." Poppy says to us.

"Now, when you say 'top-shelf', You don't mean..." Branch starts to say.

"That's right. We need to sing them the most important songs in the history of music." Poppy says.

"Yes, but which ones?" Biggie asks.

"All of them." Poppy says with a determined look on her face.

"And when you say 'all of them'..." Branch starts to say.

"Guys, I don't think this is a good idea." I say as I look around at the Country Trolls.

And again, Poppy doesn't listen.

Poppy, Branch, and Biggie go on a stage and start to sing, while I stand to the side leaning against the stage.

Poppy: Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want.

Branch, Biggie: So tell me what you want, what you really, really want.

Poppy:  I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want.

Branch, Biggie: So tell my what you want, what you really, really want.

Poppy: I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna.

Poppy, Branch: I wanna really, really, really wanna zig-a-zag.

Poppy, Branch, and Biggie get off the stage and start dancing around the town.

Biggie: Who let the dogs out?

Branch: Who? Who? Who-who?

Biggie: Who let the dogs out?

Branch: Who? Who? Who-who?

Poppy: It's such a good vibration. It's such a sweet sensation.

Branch: Oppa Gangnam style.

Poppy, Branch: Gangnam style. O-O-O-O. Oppa Gangnam style.

Biggie: Hey, pretty girl, what you doing tonight? I wanna see what you got in store.

Biggie then does the splits after he sang.

After a while, Poppy, Branch, and Biggie stand back to back, with me standing close to them.

Poppy, Branch, Biggie: Party rock is in the house tonight.

Poppy notices me close to them and pulls my arm.

"Come on!" Poppy says to me as she wants me to dance with them.

But instead of dancing with them, I just stand there. This felt a little embarrassing to me.

Poppy, Branch, Biggie: Everybody just  have a good time. Party rock is in the house tonight. We just wanna see ya...

Branch: Tell them, Poppy.

Poppy: Shake that.

Poppy, Branch, and Biggie do poses, while I stand in front of them, not knowing what's going on.

It was quiet.

I just slowly start moving to the side, so I can try and stay out of this situation.

Just then, a tumbleweed comes by and says, "You suck!"

And after what my friends did, we are put in jail.

This is just great.