Chapter 16

Val's POV

The sun has risen and me and Branch are sitting in the front of the raft.

Poppy was steering the raft and Hickory was singing a song.

Hickory: I fall to pieces. How can I be just your friend.

Branch lays down as he sighs.

After a few seconds, Hickory comes over and looks down at Branch.

"Something tells me your heart ain't in this mission, Branch." Hickory says to Branch.

"What do you mean? I'm here, aren't I?" Branch asks as he sits back up.

"Yeah, you're on a mission, alright, but your heart is with Miss Poppy." Hickory says.

"Hey, hold your horses." Branch says.

I look at Branch and nudge his arm.

Branch then realizes what he said and says, "I'm sorry, is that offensive?"

"Not as offensive as you thinking I can't see what's right in front of my eyes. Did you tell her yet?" Hickory asks as he sits down next to Branch.

"I tried, but..." Branch answers before imitating an explosion.

"Well, if you did tell her, who knows if she'd even hear you?" Hickory says.

"What do you mean by that?" Branch asks confused.

"Well, let's just say only one of you is doing the listening in this relationship, and it's not her." Hickory says.

Branch stayed quiet and thinks about what Hickory said.

"It's you." Hickory adds.

"Yeah. I got that. Thanks." Branch says sarcastically.

I laugh a little at this.

"Uh, guys?" Poppy asks us.

We look ahead to see a giant UFO.

"What in buttered biscuits?!" Hickory asks surprised.

A few bubbles came towards us.

I got put in one while Branch and Hickory got put in one and Poppy got put in one as well.

We float into the UFO, and the UFO flies off.

We are going up a tube.

I look around to see a city inside the UFO.

I could tell that these are the Funk Trolls by the way they look and by the way they sing.

We soon make it to the end of the tube.

Poppy lands softly on the ground while Branch and Hickory fall to the ground.

My bubble pops and I fall to the ground.

But instead of hitting the ground, Hickory catches me bridal style.

"Thanks." I say as Hickory puts me down.

I look around to see that we are in a room.

"Welcome to Vibe City. You are cordial guests of Prince Cooper." A voice says to us.

We look over to see someone that looks like cooper. But he had a few differences.

"Cooper?! What are you doing here?!" Poppy asks in shock.

"Actually, I'm over here." I hear Cooper say.

We look to the other side to see Cooper there.

"What?" Poppy asks confused as she looks at both of them.

"Bacon-wrapped hot dogs!" Hickory says in shock as well.

"Okay. Maybe all the jazz hasn't left my brain yet." Branch says.

"It turns out I'm actually from Vibe City, just like my twin brother." Cooper says to us.

"I'm Prince D. What's poppin'" Prince D says to us.

"How it this possible?" Poppy asks.

"Well, it's a very complicated story. When we were both babies, my egg got snatched out of the nest. Mom and Dad looked everywhere, but they couldn't find me, so you guys raised me as one of your own. And then when i went out to go find other Trolls like me, my mom and Dad finally found me. I guess it wasn't too complicated." Cooper says.

Just then, two Funk Trolls enter the room.

"Oh. Poppy, I want you to meet the King and Queen of Funk." Cooper says as he and Prince D walk up to their sides.

"King Quincy and Queen Essence." Prince Cooper says.

"My mom and dad." Cooper says afterwards.

I was surprised to hear that Cooper is the prince of Funk. Cooper finally found his family.