The Seven Sightings

~1988, Hermione Granger~

(age 8 at the time)

"Don't wander too far, darling," Mum called out to me.

"Don't worry!" I yelled back over the rippling surf. My voice shook a little as I bounded down towards the water. I stood knee deep in it, and felt magic for the first time. The breeze was sweet and calming, yet powerful. I felt an unfamiliar pull towards the caves carved into the rocks, like broken shards cutting into the mystical landscape. My heart swelled with an alarming freedom. I was safe... home... at a place that I had never encountered before.

It was a gentle curiosity that pulled me towards the cave, and I knew nothing would hurt me there, but Mum did not. She tore me from the cave's reach, and scolded me greatly.

~1991, Lord Voldemort~

(Amidst the time of the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone)

In my pathetic state, I didn't expect to hear anything that would peak my interest, let alone two things, but I was gravely mistaken. Hours of drolling, stuttering lectures pierced my consciousness and lulled me into a minimal existence, even within my own mind. Mudbloods and childish students still made me sneer into the cloth that covered my face day in and day out. It would one day all be worth it.

Potter kept my mind moving. What a surprise it was when he turned up right in front of me. I wanted to rip out his throat right then and there... all in due time, though. First the stone, then the boy.

The boy was the first thing that surprised me.

The second was a high pitched voice that started talking when Quirrell stuttered, "Y--yes, M--Miss Granger?"

Granger. A name I had not heard in a long time, even within my own mind. Anger rose within the small part of me that was left, and curiosity unwillingly came too.

"Professor, would you mind explaining the maneuvers and effects of a spell I've been reading about called Protego?" It was more youthful, but sounded unmistakably like the same voice all those years ago.

What I wouldn't give to see her for myself, just to be completely certain... but it would change nothing of my plans. I still had my destiny to think about.

"W--well, you s--seem very eager, ch--ild, but you will b--be learning ab--out that next y--ear," Quirrell said.

The same fiery instincts and crave for knowledge. If my memories didn't deceive me, then it had to be her.

It still didn't matter.

I turned my mind back to my endless future.

~1993, Hermione Granger~

(Amidst the times of The Chamber Of Secrets)

Pipes.

The monster was a basilisk, and it was using the pipes to move about the castle.

"Hermione, Hermione!" I heard faintly at first, but then it grew louder. A panting Ginny Weasley finally found me in the stacks. I raised my voice in alarm.

"What's wrong, Ginny!?" Her eyes moved frantically around as if she was looking for something, or rather, hiding from whatever it was.

"I-- I did something bad," she whispered, "I don't know how to stop it... but you always know what to do. I just..." Ginny sobbed and pulled me into a tight hug.