What If Luke had Younger Siblings?

I quickly ducked inside a cabin, hoping to hide from them. I sighed loudly, glad they didn't catch me. I started to walk out when I heard the Ares campers coming back inside.

"Styx," I muttered.

Only I could walk into the cabin of the people who were chasing me. With no time to waste, I opened the window, and jumped out.

"There he is!" one of them shouted. "Get him!"

I started running, and it felt like everything was starting to go in slow-motion. The campers were behind me, and I dashed into the forest, far away from them.

"Getting bullied again, Peter?" my sister, Angie, said.

"We needed food," I replied simply, opening the backpack.

Her eyes lit up at the assortment of food. I dropped down, and pulled out backbiter, staring at my reflection in the blade. The blend of metals seemed to be fighting each other, and it gave off an aura like it didn't belong. Like me. The day I got it, the day my life went downhill, I still remember it.

*Flashback*

I stared at the night sky through the window. My eyes started to slowly droop, and I fell asleep, and had a dream. A lady was sitting next to a hearth, looking intensely at the flames.

"Who are you?" I said to her.

"My name is Hestia," she said in a motherly tone. "Tell me, do you know who Luke Castellan is?"

"Castellan is my last name. Is he my brother?" I replied.

She stood up and pulled a sword. It looked like it was trying to free itself, to run away.

"Yes, he was. Your brother, he was bitter. Mad at Hermes because he never helped him, because he left him alone with your mother," she explained. "It was his fate. He was a good person, but he wouldn't let go of a grudge. This sword was his. It is made of mortal metal and celestial bronze. He named it Backbiter. It hurts monsters and humans. Your brother, he chose his revenge over his family. Too late, he realized his mistake,"

"Why are you telling me this?" I questioned.

"I am sorry you have a hero's fate. You are destined to be great. You will be remembered. I can not see your future clearly, young one, but it will be great. Whether you choose good or evil is beyond my grasp, but you will do great things. Luke did great things. Bad, but certainly great," Hestia replied.

"Take this sword. Remember, Peter. The choice is yours," she said.

I woke up breathing heavily, and beside me was the sword. I picked it up, and inscribed on one side of the hilt was family, and the other was revenge.

My mother died the next day, and her body was whisked off. On the counter was a wooden box, with my mother's initials written gracefully on it. I opened it, and in it was a picture of a boy who looked like me and his friends in orange t-shirts that said Camp Half-Blood, Long Island Sound. I picked up the picture and under it was a note. It took me several minutes to read, because I was only 6, and I had dyslexia.

Dear Peter and Angie.

Since you're reading this, Hermes has done his job by delivering the box and I am dead. I am sorry for leaving you, but you must endure. Go to the camp, Camp Half-Blood. I hope they will accept you, and will not hold an old grudge. You must leave soon, monsters will be on your trail now. Look for a Delphi Strawberry Truck, it will take you there. I didn't ever want to see you leave, and I was foolish for holding onto you so long. Be strong, my young heroes.

Your mother, May

I cried reading that note, I cried thinking that my mother could ever be gone. I didn't want to stay here, I wanted to be anywhere but here, just gone. I picked up a backpack and stuffed it with food and the box, and grabbed the sword.

"Come," I said to Angie, and ran out the door.

I ran and ran, I wanted to just disappear in the feeling. The wind brushing on my face, the power in each step, the feeling, no, this place was amazing, and I never wanted to leave. Angie was running with me, and she ran into the middle of the road. A van was hurtling at top speed down the hill, and if I didn't save Angie, she would be hit.

I ran, and gold and silver sparks came off of me. It was like everything was slowing down, and I pushed myself to save her. The driver screeched to a halt, and got out of the van.

"Are you oka- you're demigods, aren't you? Your scent is strong," the driver said.

She had curly brown hair, and looked surprisingly young.

"Does it matter? You almost ran over my sister either way!" I replied to her, still holding Angie.

"How did you save her? Who-" she started saying, as I tuned her out.

I looked around taking my surroundings as the annoying girls voice faded in the background. It felt like I was taking everything in. The Delphi Strawberry logo on the van, the lack of strawberries in it, and how far away I was before the van was about to hurt Angie.

"Can you get me a ride to Camp Half Blood?" I asked her.

"Sure, I'll drive. That's what satyrs are for, finding demigods like you." she replied.

"No way! I'm not stepping into that car if that maniac is driving it!" my sister protested.

"Angie, it's the only way," I said.

"Look at her! She's only 8 years old!" Angie pleaded.

"Jeez, you almost run over a person once," the satyr girl said. "And I'm technically 16. Satyrs just mature slower than humans."

"Doesn't matter, just drive," I said, hopping into the van, as my sister grudgingly got in.

"I'm Laura, by the way. Not that you asked," she grumbled.

It was a long trip, with a lot of monster attacks, and Laura briefed us with everything we needed to know.

"Gotta split. See you two later," she said, dropping us off at camp, and driving off.

We got to camp safely, but we weren't welcomed.

When I first walked in, Chiron looked at me and breathed out one word: "Luke,"

Weapons were aimed at me, and I immediately put my hands up.

"I come in peace!" I yelled.

My sister rolled her eyes at my comment, as I looked at the pointy weapons.

"I'm not Luke," I said gently.

The weapons came down.

"I'm just his brother,"

Every weapon was aimed at me again, with a few extra people from Ares cabin using two.

"Should've told someone that in private, Peter," my sister muttered, putting her hands up too.

"If you're not Luke, then why do you have Backbiter?" someone said.

" A gift," I replied.

"Come here, children. Explain your story," Chiron said, leading us away from the angry mob. "Campers, get back to your schedules,"

We sat down in old chairs in a quaint small house in the middle of camp.

"Now, would you care to explain why you have the weapon of a Titan?" Chiron questioned, looking straight at me.

I was going to write more, but I might as well leave you on a cliffhanger.

Word Count: 1245 Words