XIII- The Accident

"Have you gathered any clue who is the sender of that flowers?" On the way home from their university Xiao Zhan asked Wang Yibo. It's been a month he still receiving those flowers but he doesn't have any idea who is the sender. Though he didn't find any strange or signs of danger in it aside from he is been curious about the sender.

Wang Yibo looked at him thru the rearview mirror and respond. "I tried but it's quite difficult as they didn't meet the sender. They said a woman is calling them to send the flowers to you. I went to all those flower shops to investigate I even asked for that woman's contact number but it's their SOP not to reveal their client's identity nor give their contact numbers without their permission."

Xiao Zhan nodded and looked out the car window. He admires the crisp copper leaves falling off the trees that sway gently in the wind, it's Autumn. The clouds overlap each other, making the sky a gloomy gray. He rolled down the car window and closed his eyes as he felt the Autumn gust that touches his smooth pretty face. Wang Yibo looked at him thru the rearview mirror. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. It's just that I am wondering who that sender is." He responds leaning on the backrest of the car seat after he rolled up the car window to close it.

"I'm sorry if I failed to find who that person be." Guilt flashed on Wang Yibo's face. He sighed.

"It's fine. The sender doesn't want to reveal his identity so let's respect it. If he wants to harm me he won't wait for a month and keep sending me those flowers or maybe send me with threats but he didn't." Xiao Zhan said confidently.

"Hmmm..." Wang Yibo agreed to nod while his eyes focused on the road.

Silence engulfed them as they headed home when they heard a loud booming sound from behind and made their body almost thrown out in front followed by a shattering sound. With his quick reflex, Wang Yibo was able to stop the car immediately to the roadside.
They are lucky to have their seat belts on and the airbags immediately pop out so they are safe.

"What happened?" Xiao Zhan asked in his trembling voice and hand on his forehead as he felt dizzy with the sudden bang on their car.

Wang Yibo removes his safety belt and opened the car door and turned toward the passenger seat where Xiao Zhan is sitting.

"You're okay? I'll take you to the hospital." His face is full of worries. He stands up and looked around to see any strange individuals but all he could see are cars that continue to their destinations. Some were slowly driving when it was close to them and asked him if they need help. He refused as he saw the car got no large damage. He took out his phone and called his brother Haikuan and let him communicate with the police. After their quick phone call, he checked on Xiao Zhan again.

"I'm fine. It's just I felt a bit dizzy, maybe because of the sudden bump." Xiao Zhan responds while massaging his forehead.

"Okay! You better come out and let's both her outside for assistance." Wang Yibo helps Xiao Zhan out of the car and lets him rest at the road gutter under the tree then walked behind the car to check. It's not severely damaged, the tail light is broken where the shattered sound they heard might be created by it, and the rear bumper is dented other than that there's no other damage. There's no sign of which car that cause this damage to them. It is hit and run. U

"Hello, Haikuan-ge!" He received a phone call from his brother.

"I'm on my way with Seungyeon. I already contacted the police and they're also on their way." Haikuan said on the line.

"Okay! We are at the roadside."

"How is Xiao Zhan?"

"He is here resting under the tree." He responds while his eyes look at Xiao Zhan who is now holding his forehead with both hands while elbows on his knees.