07

hola chicos, it's jas aka the author.
before this chapter starts, i would like to dedicate the rest of the book to naya rivera. i'm sending my prayers and love to her friends and family–especially her son. may her sweet soul rest, and her legacy live on. viva naya ❤️

——

"okay," jasmine stood up, "first up, mia and ellie,"

esperanza gave monse a look, and both girls shared a "what the hell" face.

"if you think they look alike, it's because they're," jasmine gasped, "identical twins! best part?–"

in all honesty, esperanza stopped caring what jasmine was on about, as she sketched a flower on her sheet of paper before the taller latina yelled out, "next!"

slightly jumping, she looked over at monse, again, to find the girl in shock.

"margarita, my girl!" jasmine called out, "she's funny, she's smart, and if all that's not true... her boobs!"

"que?" esperanza questioned, before she let her head fall and hit the table.

"okay, ladies," jasmine's voice echoed, "you heard the man! dance!"

the line of girls started to do random dance moves, before monse paused the music, which esperanza gave a silent 'thank you' to her best friend.

"i'm sorry," jasmine apologized, "this is the best i could do under such short notice,"

"that's not the problema," espy sighed, as monse stood up from her seat.

"okay, this is disgusting and uncomfortable. i'm leaving–"

"we're leaving, actually," espy stood also, grabbing her bag from the ground.

"and if anyone else is feeling objectified, they should leave too. anybody?"

"en serio?" esperanza shook her head, before she rolled her eyes.

"make sure you shut the door before you go, okay? the ac is spilling out and these ladies are already perspiring. bye!" jasmine said as the two girls just stood and left the gym.

"what the hell did we just witness?" esperanza rubbed her eyes, not sure as to what she had just saw.

"who cares? i'm just glad we aren't watching whatever that was anymore," monse said, as the two girls walked the halls.

"what's going on with your madre?" esperanza asked monse, as they haven't had the chance to really hang out by themselves.

"i think she wants me to stay with her for a bit," monse smiled, "like, get to know her family and stuff,"

"estoy feliz para ti," espy grinned, before monse shot back a question at her.

"what about you? any updates on your mom and cesar?"

"only that she wants me to stay a night with her and eric, and for cesar, he's staying at jamal's and is tired of his no-boundaries-ass,"