7: don't leave, tsuma kazue

(c/n) - crow name

(y/n)'s crow is the sassiest bird you'll ever encounter in this story. This bird is so talkative and so savage to his owner that it kind of annoys her.

(If anyone's a Zelda fan out there, take Revali from Breath of the Wild as your substitute character)

- -

electrifying | kimetsu no yaiba

chapter seven
don't leave, tsuma kazue

Then, breakfast had finally commenced. (y/n) poured the udon noodles onto some bowls from the hot pot as Zenitsu passed them down to Tanjiro, Inosuke and Hisa-san, who were all at the dining table.

Inosuke, being a rash boar he was, gobbled up his noodles all at once, not realizing that it was boiling hot.

"It's piping hot. Have you lost your mind?" questioned (y/n), blowing her noodles, "You're getting your throat burned if you're going to keep doing-"

"You don't tell me what to do, Mikasa Ackerman!" Inosuke exclaimed.

"I'm just saying," replied (y/n), returning back to her bowl, not minding a single thing after that.

Slurping the long noodles into her mouth, (y/n) couldn't help but ponder about something with Zenitsu's udon. It's as if she had tasted these not too long ago; it seemed familiar.

This was her grandfather's udon.

Tanjiro savored the fragrant, delicious aroma of the udon before grabbing his chopsticks to eat the egg that was on top of the noodles.

"These smell really good, Zenitsu-kun!" complimented Tanjiro, "You never told us you were a great cook!"

"Not so fast, Tanjiro-kun! A great cook? That's insane!" shuddered Zenitsu, "I think you should be thanking the old man for that."

"Old man?" repeated Tanjiro.

"My gramps, silly!" chuckled Zenitsu, who seemed happy to tell some part of his life story to the burgundy boy, "He likes whipping good udon like this.. as well as whipping me into training, which I didn't like anyway. But he's still an amazing guy!"

'Gramps? Udon?' thought (y/n) while eating more of the noodles.

It seemed funny for her because:

1) This was definitely her grandfather's special udon. There's no doubt; no one can just coincidentally copy the recipe, although this boy suddenly managed to do that.

2) Supporting No. 1, what does Zenitsu mean by "gramps"? This boy is not even blood-related with (y/n). So, would it mean that her grandpa shared his secret recipe to his fellow old companions too?

3) Training. Her grandfather used to train her to the max, until she officially became a demon slayer by thirteen. Even these three evidences couldn't help (y/n) connect the dots.

"Are you okay, Kazue-chan? You seem to be spacing out a lot," Tanjiro noticed (y/n) staring into the void.

"I'm fine, thank you," reassured (y/n), snapping back into reality.

Inosuke sneakily roasted her,
"Now who's the one who's lost their mind now, Umaru Doma.."

"Tch- I said I was fine, okay?" repeated (y/n), forcefully pouring another round of udon noodles.

>> >>

(y/n) was already in her guest room, until her talking crow (c/n) flew inside from the window. He perched onto the one of the dainty cabinets as he brushed his own feathers proudly.