Chapter 7

Arjun's p.o.v.

The whole resort had been decorated with flowers and lights. It was looking really beautiful. But my eyes are craving for a different 'beauty'.

Where is she? Will she come? What if I don't find her again?

A sudden sadness swallowed me of not seeing her again.

"Arjun beta, where is our 'latelatif' groom? Is it his engagement or mine!!"

Aunty asked me.

"Why? Has he still not arrived?"

"No. And he is not picking up his call also?"

"Ok Aunty don't worry. Let me try him."

I got worried. What this boy is planning to do actually. Always confused.

I tried calling him. But again no response.

Why is he not picking up calls. Has he changed his mind then..

"So! At last we got chance to see you."

I turned back. There she is standing with a huge beautiful smile. My another best friend, Shriya.

" Don't you wanna give me a hug?"

"No I don't."

"So rude."

"Ok. I will but on one condition. You have to take me for a coffee date."

"Only. Ok your wish granted. Now come."

And we hugged each other so happily. We are really meeting after a long time.

"But where are others?"

"Hey bro, you have already become our busy, VVIP, great and bla bla bla business tycoon." Bishal came there.

"Shut up. Don't you get bored talking nonsense all time."

"Arey bro, leave it. Where is our groom Rahuljii?"

"Oh yeah, where is he?" Shriya asked me.

And right then I came to my sense that I was going to find out him. It's already 7.

"He has not reached yet."

"What? Is he.."
Shriya had just started talking my phone started ringing.

It's Rahul. I picked up the phone quickly.

"Vai, where are you? Everyone is looking for you. The time for the engagement ceremony..."

"I wanna meet you. Please come to the backside garden right now." He cut me.

"But..". He has cut the call already.

"What did he tell?"

"He wants to meet me."

I hurried along with Shriya and Bishal.

"Rahul!!"

"I don't want this engagement Arjun. I can't marry her."

And I could clearly hear the beating of my heart.

"You were right I shouldn't do this engagement if I don't want to."

"Wh-wh-what? But just in the morning you told me that she is a perfect girl for marriage. And now?"

"I don't love her. You only told me that none of us deserves a loveless marriage. So if I have no feelings I should not pretend to have."

"Ok maybe now you don't have but may be in future you will grow feelings for her. In most of the arranged marriage both of the couple don't even get to know each other properly but later after marriage they start loving each other. And here you know her since you were children, so.."

"No Arjun this is impossible. I can't love her."

"But.. wait a minute do you love someone else."

He kept silent.

"Oh my God. Who is she?"

"Arjun I don't love her. Isn't that enough for you?"

"No Rahul it isn't."

"But just in the morning you told me that.."

"Yeah I told you but if you were so sure about your feelings you shouldn't drag this at this stage."

"I'm sorry, Arjun."

"Sorry?" Now Shriya opened up her mouth. Till now she and Bishal were just listening everything.

"Rahul, are you in your senses? Ananya and her family are already here, totally ready for the engagement. Everyone is just waiting for you. And you?"

"I didn't want these all to happen. After I returned mom and dad asked me to marry her and you know l always tried my best to not go against them so I agreed and when I met her I was so happy to see my childhood friend after long time. We started spending time with each other. But as time passed I realised that she is a very sweet girl and l like her very much but I don't love her. She is more like a good friend to me. And everything happened so fast I didn't get the chance or more you can say I didn't have the gut to say. I was totally confused."

"Confused?" I asked frustratingly.

"So what you guys want? Do you want me to go and participate this engagement? Ok I will go."

"No need to do some more stupidity."

"Let her know about your decision. And you will tell her this by yourself."

"Me?"

"Yeah. You only have created these all scenes. Now you have to clear this. Just talk to her, make her understand. Ok do one thing, call her here. All of us will try to make her understand."

"And uncle aunty?" Bishal asked.

"Yeah maybe they will get angry first and they have the right to be but later they will forgive him. Now call her quickly. She needs to know this first."

After almost 15 mins I saw someone to come towards the garden. As the person came close I became statue again. I can't believe my eyes. She is coming towards me wearing an gorgeous orange lehenga looking like a beautiful princess from those fairy tales. Everything about her is just glowing making her bright, splendid like an angel.

"Wait. What is she doing here? Is she Ananya's friend or relative? What if Ananya has sent her instead of coming on her own?"

She went straight towards Rahul.

"Rahul?" She asked worriedly.

"Ananya. I'm sorry"

Guys please please please let me know how it is going by your comments and votes and please share it with your friends also☺️

And also be safe.