Chapter 41

Ananya's p.o.v.

"Aaahhh!"

"Aaaahhhhhh! What happened?" I jumped on almost losing my heart at Neha's sudden yelling at top volume.

"Are you mad? Why are you yelling this loudly at this time? The whole building will wake up.?" I said sitting down on the bed.

"And what are you doing at this time? Do you even have any idea how it feels when it's midnight, everything is dark and you just opened your eyes and see someone roaming in front of you wearing a white dress, face covered with open hair flying in the air? You were just about to give me a heart attack, you ghosty?" She said while keeping a hand on her chest.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Why?" She asked me getting concerned.

I felt nervous. My throat went dry. I took a glass of water and gulped it. It's getting impossible for me to keep everything within me and think alone.

"Neha, I want to tell you something," I whispered.

She took my palms within hers.

"And for what you are waiting? I'm just beside you."

"I think it's late. We will talk tomorrow. Let's sleep."

"Yeah, I can see how much you were sleeping while roaming in the room like a ghost. Now tell. I'm not going to sleep until you speak."

"Ne. Neha, do you know where I spent yesterday night?"

"Shriya's house maybe."

"No. It's Arjun's."

"What!!!!" She burst out.

"Hey shhh, why are you shouting? Dadi will wake up."

"Ok, ok, I won't shout." She whispered while putting a finger on her mouth.

"But how? I mean what? You and Arjun were in the same house? Alone? Ananya youuuu? You never stayed in any boy's house at night in Kolkata even if others got agreed but not you. And here you are coming back spending a whole night that too alone with him. I must say this man knows magic. I have never seen you trust some man this much. You trust him so much. He must be special. It's crystal clear to me."

"Stop it. If you continue more I'm not going to say anything."

"Well, what you just said was already a huge shock for me. But what I said isn't it's true? You don't trust him?"

"I trust him but nothing is special, ok? But there is something more."

"What?"

"We..we.."

"What we..." She asked impatiently.

"I  kissed him."

"Ok, I mean if you can stay at his house. Then you must give him a friendship kiss. Even you kissed Prattay also in college, you remember? And I still can't forget his facial expression the way he was blushing. You were saying like you had a lip kiss. Now get back to sleep. It's not a big deal. Don't overthink." She was about to get under her cover.

"It's a lip kiss. We kissed each other." I blurted.

She paused with a blank face. I saw her opening her mouth and taking a round shape. I got impatient getting no reply.

"Say something, na?"

"I'm speechless. I knew it. I knew it." Saying this she started laughing joyfully like I have just given her the news of her promotion.

"What?"

"He likes you. Anu, he likes you."

"Neha.." I stood up.