Author's Note

Copyright © 2018-2020 by M.A. House

All rights reserved.

The following novel, "Shadow Whispers" is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.

Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Hey everyone! I published my first chapter of this story on July 23rd, 2016. It's surreal to believe just how much I've changed since then (I had just finished middle school!) and as such, my writing has changed tremendously as well. This does differ slightly... (*cough* A LOT *cough*) from my original vision for this story, but I'm very excited to see it all come together. This is my third re-write so far, and I'm most proud of this version of my story and getting to see how far my writing has come.

I understand I still have a lot to go in terms of story pacing, detailing the world, etc., but that's where I need y'all to come in! If you notice, I do try to stay away from long and detailed Author's Notes in my chapters (aside from the occasional reminder to vote and comment) and that's because I want you guys to become immersed in the story itself. Because of this, please don't think I'm being 'cold' or just not interacting - I'd be more than happy to chat in the comments! - but do make sure to vote and comment on the parts, or if you didn't like a particular chapter, tell me why. I love getting feedback on my writing, as it really helps me become a better writer and storyteller.

I'd also like to offer some background on myself. I was a part of robotics all four years at my high school, and I served as team captain my last year (before COVID-19 hit and all). I'm going into Electrical Engineering this fall, which means I'm definitely going to be a busy college student. Unfortunately, this means uploads might be spotty at times, but I'm hoping to at least finish this story by the end of my freshman year in college.

Alrighty! That's enough of me talking about how fun this book is. I'm sure you're tired of reading this Author's Note by now, so go on! Delve into the magic of Iherion and follow Khoeli's journey!

Go! Go! Add this story to your bookshelves! And don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed!

P.s.: I've dropped in a little map(ish) here of what the world looks like. I'm still coming up with names and stuff for the other kingdoms and territories, but I'll get to them eventually :)