𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8

Mari's point of view

And finally, I finished it! It looks amazing, I've changed the design slightly so it's shorter in the front and longer in the back. Also, I managed to draw a rough sketch on what I envisioned what the party would look like and it turned out pretty good. There was a knock at my back door. I went to it and Bear was waiting outside he was covered in soil and a had are large satchel that was full of all different flowers. I went outside and he had a massive bunch of daffodils.

He handed them to me and started purring "Oh! Thank you Bear" his face had a green tinge for some reason "Bear do you have allergies?" he shrugged as he was shifting from side to side, "give me a minute, I'll be back now" I quickly ran inside and put them in a vase. Also, I grabbed Yeyin's cloak thing and went back outside. Bear picked me up in a bridal style and started spriting somewhere. I was a little shocked so I was speechless, I noticed that Bear smelled weird not of plants or dirt but something oddly sweet and it made me feel a bit light-headed.

We finally stopped and I was gently nudged inside a little hut, Bear gently shut the door and put the sachel by the door. I think this is where Bear and Yeyin might live, it's actually really small I thought they would live on a spaceship or something. Bear started to take off most of his amour and that smell is getting really strong "Bear what's that smell? I feel like I'm going to faint" he didn't answer but grabbed me and put me on the counter space. He started to play with my hair using his mandibles then he started to sniff me? "Bear what are you doing? Stop sniffing me, you weirdo" he said something to himself in his language and my neck felt wet. Yeyin came in from another room and yanked him away by his dreads and dragged him into another room.

I heard water running and a door slam, Yeyin came rushing into the bit I was in and said "Mari what the hell happened?!"

"I don't know? He put me here and started to sniff me?" 

"Oh gods," he faced palmed "don't hold anything against him, there's these flowers, I don't think that you guys have discovered and it makes him get uhh- touchy let's just say. It's possible that he might have came into contact with some. Can I see your neck?"

"Okay?" he pulled down my turtle neck and sighed "What is it?" I asked. I noticed a small mirror on a table so I carefully jumped off and went to it, I looked and there was something like a bruise and two small holes it was bleeding a tiny bit. "What is this?" Yeyin looked confused "you don't know what that is?" he asked.

"Am I meant to?"

"I think oomans call it a hickey. We call it love bites"

"Why did he to that? I'm so confused"

"I-just forget it, I've finished polishing all the skulls we need and got a bunch of candles we should probably go to the celebration area" 

"Shouldn't we wait for Bear? I want to see that he's okay" 

"Are you sure?" 

"I'm sure, it's not his fault"

"Oh alright... just don't go in the bathing room with him stay outside, if he opens the door run back in here or scream"

"I doubt I would need to do that? Where is it?" 

"Through there to the far left" there was a doorway he pointed to, I went into the hallway and looked to the far left and there it was. I could tell it was the bathroom because steam was coming out of the door because of the small cracks. I went closer and heard grunting mixed with purring, I hesitated before knocking "Bear are you okay? I know you aren't doing too well" I heard him mumble something in his language but my name stuck out like a sore thumb. "Bear? what are you saying?" then a roar erupted from the bathroom and I could hear heavy breathing. Yeyin came rushing out but sighed in relief.