Babysitting Disaster

In the land of Equestria, there was nothing but happy times as the giant, glowing sun sat high above the mountains overlooking Ponyville. It's colorful denizens walked about the streets of their tiny town, many going about their daily lives. The Cakes opened 'Sugar Cube Corner' for business, while Rarity opens her boutique as a small crowd of patrons stroll in. It wouldn't be long before it grows, and the business is swamped with hundreds of customers. Of all the ponies in town that day, there was perhaps one pony busier than all the others.

Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship, rushed around the castle trying her hardest to clean as much as possible in a short amount of time. Her indigo eyes went wide as she galloped through every room all around her home. Her little assistant, Spike, ran after her as fast as his little legs could carry him. But no matter how fast he ran, the little dragon was unable to keep up with her. Eventually, he stopped to catch his breath.

"You know... Twilight..." Spike panted, between breaths. "I'm sure... We've got... Everything cleaned... Enough... Boy, I'm out of shape..."

Whether Twilight was simply oblivious to his words or chose to ignore it, the princess kept running around obsessively cleaning whatever she could. Even the areas that were already 'clean'.

"Oh!" Twilight gasped. "Did I remember to clean every floor tile in this hall?"

In a split second, she used her magic to conjure a bucket of water and a sponge, scrubbing each individual floor tile as Spike looked on, shaking his head.

"Seriously Twilight?" Spike asked, in disbelief.

The moment Twilight looked up, Spike was taken aback by the crazy look in her eyes, barely covered by her untamed mane. The sight alone was more than enough to make the baby dragon reel back in fear.

"Yes seriously, Spike! Cadence and Shining Armor will be here any minute; this place isn't even "close" to ready!"

Then a knock at the door caused the lavender alicorn to jump and gasp.

"Oh no!" Twilight cried. "They're here already!"

The door opens and to her relief it was her friends walking in. Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie, a familiar sight for a rather distressed princess.

"Morning Twilight!" The girls greeted.

"Oh, hey guys!" Twilight sighed, somewhat calmly. "It's just you."

"Yeah, nice to see you too, Twi," Rainbow joked.

Twilight ignored the joke, resuming her incessant cleaning on the tiles. The others casually trot over to Spike, gazing at him with knowing looks.

"She's at it again, ain't she?" Applejack asked, bluntly.

"Yep," Spike nodded. "She's been cleaning this place ever since Cadence and Shining Armor asked her to babysit."

"Wasn't that like three days ago?" Pinkie asked.

"Three... days... Of cleaning!" Little Spike emphasized, nodding his head. "She hasn't stopped since."

The others merely shook their heads, watching their magical friend work herself to death... Again.

"All right, I'm bored," Rainbow sighed. "Let's get her to stop."

Every pony nodded in agreement, as they walk toward Twilight Sparkle, who mumbled something about 'must be perfect'. Rarity uses her magic to levitate the bucket and sponge away from Twilight, who turned frantically.

"Hey, give that back!" Twilight cried out.

WHACK!

Twilight Sparkle received a much-needed slap in the face, courtesy of Applejack. The alicorn's head snapped to the side from the impact. But when it returns, she seemed much more relaxed.