✒VIII

✒Diana

   "Enchante mademoiselle," a french feminine voice says. I look for a woman but see a flying feather duster hovering in the room. She is like a dove. She is so beautiful.

  "Don't worry," she says to Lumiere. "I will have this place spotless in no time," she starts to clean the windows. "Wow," I watch her in awe. She giggles and cleans the wall.

   She flies to Lumiere and he catches her in his arms. "This plan of yours is dangerous," she tells him. "I would risk anything to kiss you again Plumette," he says before leaning in. But the feather duster moves away. "No, my love. I've been burned by you before," she stops him. "We must be strong," she encourages Lumiere. "How can I be strong when you make me -" Cogsworth interrupts them with a loud cough. They look at him madly. I watch them awkwardly

   "What plan?" I ask him. "Nothing for you to worry," he assures me, but he looks suspicious again. "Cogsworth? What plan?" I look at Cogsworth. "Well, it's -" but Plumette puts her feather hands in his mouth. I look at her with narrow eyes.

   "Anyways. I am Plumette, Mademoiselle," she bows and I introduces myself with a curtsey, "I am Diana." "You look very beautiful darling," she compliments me and I blush at it. "Thank you Plumette."

   "Is everything here alive?" I ask as I look around. I grab a brush and say, "Hello there. What is your name?" Lumiere facepalms and Plumette laughs."That is a hairbrush," Cogsworth tells me which make me put it down in embrassment.

   Suddenly, the wardrobe opens and start to sing a very high note. I back down because I was startled. "Do not be alarmed," Lumiere tells me. "This is just your wardrobe," he points at the opera singing wardrobe. "Meet Madame de Garderobe. A great singer," he introduces. "When she can stay awake," Cogsworth whispers.

   "Cogsworth, a diva needs her beauty rest..." she starts to doze off. "Stay with Madame. We have someone for you to dress," Lumiere shows me to the singing wardrobe. I widen my eyes in panic. I didn't agree to this.

   "Finally!" Madame de Garderobe exclaims. She starts to pull me close to her and say, "A woman!" "Pretty eyes. Proud face," she massages my face. "Perfect canvas, Yes!" she compliments. "I will find you something worthy of a princess," she tells me and I say to her, "Oh. I'm not a princess." "Non sense darling! You look so beautiful. You are a princess," she says to me.

   "Now, let us see what I've got in my drawers," she says as she opens her lower drawer. Moths flies away from it. "Oh dear! How embarassing."

   She opens another drawer and grabs a corset. She slides it to me. "Arf! Arf! Arf!" I hear a dog sound. A small piano chair comes inside the room. "Fru Fru, come help mama," she says as she lets out some cloths. She wraps them around me as she spins me around.

   The dog pulls an end of a cloth and takes it with him. It cause my stomach to tighten so I gasp. She places a wig as finishing touch. "Perfecto!" 

   "Chatel. Understative. I love it!" Lumiere says nervously as we walks backwards. Plumette and Cogsworth follows him to the door. "Bye Mademoiselle," Plumette waves farewell.

   "Fru Fru!" she calls the piano chair. "Send my love to the Maestro," she waves goodbye and falls asleep again.

  I take off the wig and stare at it. I laugh. I slip down the gown and crawl away. I look at Madame de Garderobe to make sure she is asleep.

   "I need to find a way out," I tell myself. I look at the window and check the height. Oh boy. It was too high.

   I think off how I can get down. I pace back and fort the room. When I see the cloth that Madame de Garderobe use on the dress, I smile in victory.

  "Yes!"