✒XVI

✒Diana

   I rush into my room. I close the door and squeal loudly enough to wake Madame de Garderobe. "What is happening my dear? she concernly asks. "We will he having a dance tonight!" I excitedly tell her which cause her to sing a high note.

   "I shall ready you for your dance with the prince," she tells me. She ties my hair into a half bun. Then I put a gold embellishments in my hair. I put on a gold necklace that is a rose and a rose earcuffs.

   Madame de Garderobe pulls out a lovely light blue gown out of her drawer. "It's beautiful," I compliment and she says, "I agree. Now put it on."

   I slip in the gown and spin around. "You look lovely my dear. But something is missing," she tells me. Suddenly, the gold from the branches on the ceiling falls down. "Ah yes. The finishing touch."

   The gold goes to my dress and I turn around in amazement

   The gold goes to my dress and I turn around in amazement. "Thank you Madame de Garderobe," I thank her. "You're welcome my dear. Now go. You don't want to be late," she says as I walk to the staircase.

   When I arrive, I see Adam looking handsome. I smile at him and he grins back. I walk down the stairs and so did he.

   As we meet on the middle, he offers his paw. I gladly take it. "Are you nervous?" I ask him and he stutters, "N - no." I let out a laugh. "Relax Adam. It's just me," I calm his nerves. "I am nervous because it's you," he says to me and I raise my brow, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

  We walk down to the ballroom. Chapeau and Maestro Cadenza plays the music and Mrs. Potts sings.

   "Tale as old as time. True as it can be. Barely even friends. Then somebody bends. Unexpectedly," Mrs. Potts starts the song as we walk to the ballroom.

    "Just a little change. Small to say the least. Both a little scared. Neither one prepared. Beauty and the Beast," she sings as we arrive in the ballroom. I curtsey and he bows. I offer my hand. Adam looks at me nervously but I give him an assuring smile. He finally takes it.

   "Ever just the same." I dance to the music and feel it. He follows. "Ever a surprise." We spin around. "Ever as before." He spins me. "And ever just as sure. As the sun will rise." He turns me around before putting his hand on my waist.

   "Tale as old as time." We smile to each other as we enjoy the dance. "Tune as old as song. Bittersweet and strange. Finding you can change. Learning you were wrong." I put my arm around Adam's neck before he dips me. He holds my waist and we spin around.

   "Certain as the sun. Rising in the east. Tale as old as time. Song as old as rhyme. Beauty and the Beast." We dance our way to the balcony.

  "Tale as old as time." Adam offers his arm. "Song as old as rhyme." I take it. "Beauty and the Beast."

   We walk to the balcony.