Chapter 39 - THE LEATHER STRAP

Gingerly Danny, Chloe and Jake entered the house. Danny whispered to Chloe ''it's possible that Alex hasn't noticed that Jake's not in the basement yet, if we can get Jake back before he does notice we can avoid disaster''

But it was too late, when they got to the kitchen Alex was waiting for them ''the wanderers return I see'' he said

''Look bro I can explain'' Danny said '' I just took Jake outside for an hour, I supervised him the entire time and No harm was done''

''And you let Chloe out of her room too, that was naughty as well. You have been very bad bro, you broke the rules''

''But no harm has been done and Jake is back, let's not make a big deal about it, there is no need''

''No need?'' Alex looked confused and angry ''you broke the rules and took it outside, you knew it was forbidden, I'd say there is every need to make a big deal about it, it was totally out of order''

Alex tied Jake to a chair and restrained his arms before stuffing a dirty, smelly sock in his mouth and taping it shut. Jake was gagging on the sock ''there is no need to tie him up now is there'' Danny said ''he isn't going anywhere again now he is back in the house''

''Too right he isn't'' Alex said ''but I will tie him up anyway and we'll wait for mum and dad to get back so I can report this outrageous event to them''

Danny and Chloe looked at each other and then back at Alex ''do we really need to tell them about this?'' Chloe asked them, struggling to keep the anger from her voice

''Of course, we have to tell them, rules have been broken and it's a serious offence. there have to be consequences for Danny for disobeying his family''

''Thanks a lot, you bastard'' Danny said bitterly ''nothing ever changes does it, you loved getting me into trouble when we were kids too and you still love doing it now. You knew you were their favourite over me, you and Liam''

''This time you got yourself into trouble, I'm just being a good boy and making sure you face the consequences. You have been fucking up a lot lately, first, you told Mandy about Jake.... and ok she wasn't a problem but you didn't know that before you told her and it could have been very bad......and now you took Jake outside''

''I wish I'd let him escape now'' Danny said bitterly ''I wanted to but Chloe was right, I was too much of a coward. I should have let him run and not chased him''

''Oh so he tried to escape too and you were tempted to let him? This gets more serious by the second''

Time passed while they waited for Donald and Lorraine to get back. It got dark outside and they all started to get tired. Jake stayed tied and gagged with the sock in his mouth. He looked very uncomfortable and Chloe and Danny felt sorry for him with that filthy sock in his mouth ''can't you untie him or at least take the sock out of his mouth?'' Chloe asked Alex

''Nope'' Alex replied

''I've had enough of this'' Danny said eventually, getting out of his seat and walking over to Jake. He started to undo the gag.

''What do you think you're playing at?'' Alex asked him

''I'm going to ungag him and untie him and let him go to bed now'' Danny said calmly, it's late and he's been tied for long enough''

Alex picked up his gun and pointed it at Danny ''unless you want me to shoot you I'd seriously advise you to stop right now'' he told Danny

Danny was taken aback but tried not to look scared ''stop being ridiculous bro'' he said ''you won't shoot me''