Chapter 23 : Austin and Clover

"Because when you finally find the one against all odds, you give him your best and let the magic of the world carry the rest." 
― E. Mellyberry

Second chances do come your way. Like trains, they arrive and depart regularly. Recognizing the ones that matter is the trick. --Unknown

During this time while Alpha Theo attending the royal meeting with his mate Luna and Beta Kendall along with his mate Sabrina, Austin was left to watch over the pack and protect it from any rouges or hunters that would jump at the chance to wipe the pack out. But it's not just rouges or hunters that want to take down Theo's pack, many other rival packs Alpha's would love to take over Theo's land. As of now, Austine is going around the pack checking over on the members seeing if all is well. Most of the pack warriors are in full training to keep in shape against any attacks. Being a pack warrior is one of the most important jobs to have. Many lives are taken away from defending the pack from all attacking forces. Austin thought being a warrior wolf would be a more fitting role for himself, however, his father and wolf told him that being the Delta of the pack was more suited because Austin's body would not be able to keep up with the harsh training. Austin is a great fighter but even he is not able to defeat Kendall and let alone alpha Theo. Most times it made him upset feeling as if this is all he could offer then his mate would not be fully protected. Austin then thought about his ex-mate Clover who he had rejected due to her sexual reputation and felt so betrayed by her. The hurt look on her face when he had rejected her still burns deep in his mind causing his heart to break even more.

"I see you're starting to regret rejecting out mate." Alex snarled remembering Austin hurting their mate. "Beta Kendall's words are now affecting you greatly."

"Shut up!" Austin growled.

"You want Clover back, yet you are too prideful to admit you were wrong in rejecting her without giving her a slight chance! You are not different than them."

Not wanting to hear what his wolf had to say anymore, Austin blocked Alex out. Just how could he face her when all he could feel his pain when looking at her. He wanted a mate that could wait for him as he had waited for her. Was that too much to ask for? Why didn't she wait for him? Could there have been a reason, but was too hurt to even ask? All these questions started to fill his mind making him want to just drop everything that he is doing and go see Clover and ask her. He had to know her reasons for doing what she did. Leaving would be too reckless so he thought about just calling her over so they could talk, but he forgot one important detail. He didn't know her number!

"Fuck! The only one who has her number is Luna."

Austin sighed taking out his phone so that he could call Luna and ask for Clover's number when the front doorbell rang.

"Who could that be?"

Placing his phone back into his pocket, Austin walked over to the front door opening it to reveal Bailey wearing a short crop top and booty shorts that pretty much showed her ass way too much for Austins liking.

"Why are you here Bailey?"

Bailey smiled as her eyes roamed up and down Austin's body causing him to shiver in disgust while she took it as him liking it.

"I came here to see you. I heard that Alpha Theo and Luna are not here with the beta and his mate and thought you could use some company." Bailey said taking a step in.

"Sure. Company she says." Alex said knowing exactly what she was meaning. Thankfully for him, he knew Austin was never going to be interested in her. Good for him.

"Sorry, but I'm busy at the moment. Please head back to your pack. I don't need your alpha giving me trouble."

Bailey pouted not wanting to leave any time soon.

"I just really wanted to see you Austin. I can't get you out of my mind no matter how much I try." Bailey said as she wrapped her arms around Austin's waist. "Please let me stay with you."

The touch from Bailey made Austin was to cough of blood from how much perfume she was wearing. Is this the same girl he met at the book club? What has gotten into her? She of all people should know that Austin was not interested in anybody else but his mate even if he had rejected her. Austin was about to pull away from Bailey when she had been forcefully yanked away and thrown out the door with a deep dangerous growl. The growl did scare Austin, but it did send a wave of pleasure to run throughout his body. The person who has thrown Bailey out the door was Clover!

Bailey struggled to get up while Clover took this opportunity to grab Bailey by the neck tight hoping to snap her neck. Austin could tell that her wolf Aurora had taken over and was ready to kill Bailey. With no time to lose, Austin rushed over to Clover at top speed tackling her down making her release Bailey's neck.

"Aurora calm down! Killing her won't do you any good!" Austins' grip on her tighten more due to her showing increasable strength. He had forgotten that her father is a pack warrior and she has the strength as one. Austin placed his hand on Clover's cheek having her look him in the eyes to show her that everything is okay.

With Austin's touch, Aurora gave back control to Clover as she leaned to his touch before wrapping her arms around his neck as she inhaled his scent relaxing. Austin wrapped his arms tight around Clover's waist inhaling her scent as he realized just how much he missed her and how much he regrets rejecting her.

"YOU DAMN BITCH!!" Bailey cursed. She was raging with anger at Clover for almost killing her.

Austin growled darkly keeping his hold on Clover tight with his eyes darkening. The look on his face scared Bailey enough for her to step back only slightly.

"Why are you holding that slut! She hurt you and me! She took my mate away! You're better off with me then with her!"

Before Clover could get a word in both Clover and Austin froze at the sight behind Bailey. There stood with golden flames surrounding Bailey was a woman with a fox mask and shimmering veil around her. Beautiful long but fluffy 8 tails swaying up and down. The woman held her long katana at the back of Bailey's neck. One wrong move and the sword's black would pierce through her neck. Instead, the woman turned her blade around hitting the back of Bailey's neck with the handle knocking her out.

The woman placed her sword back into it sheath walking away.

"Wait!" Austin yelled. "Who in the world are you?"

"A friend." The woman said before leaving.

"Austin..." Clover said.

Austin looked at Clover. "What's wrong?"

Clover looked at Austin in the eyes. "That woman...she looked like Luna."