five

The last class of a Friday always goes slow. It seems it goes two times slower than normal classes.

It was still a normal day, nothing has been going on. Yamaguchi is still either staring off into space and daydreaming, or staring at the girl a row over and a few seats ahead. It's Kawakami of course. He obviously does it in the non creepiest way possible.

Kawakami is doodling on her paper, listening to nothing the teacher is saying. She starts drawing something and doesn't realize its a heart with "Y+K" until she is done with it. Her eyes widen and she quickly scribbles it out. Hopefully no one saw that.

"Now that I explained the directions for the project, I will be calling out the names of the partners."

Kawakami and Yamaguchi look up fast from what they were doing.

Directions?

Project?

Partners!?

The freckled boy does not want the teacher to pick partners - he is always with Tsukishina. He knows no one else well enough besides Kawakami, and there's a one out of twenty-four chance he will be partnered with him.

He thinks of worse case scenarios - like what if he is with the popular girl? She will be disgusted to be partnered with a boy like him. Or maybe a slacker who will force Yamaguchi to do the whole project!

Kawakami will survive with any partner, but she would much rather be with her usual partner, Tamura. But of course life doesn't agree with her so she will probably be paired up with the kid who picks his nose and hisses at people in the hallway (No offense to him of course).

"Kawkami Natsumi and Tsukishima Kei."

Kawwkami doesn't know if she should be happy or upset. The good things are he's smart, won't be talking the whole time, and he won't make her do all of the work. But the bad things are that he's scary and tall, only says blunt and mean things when he does talk, and he probably doesn't want to be with her.

"Yamaguchi Tadashi and Tamura Ran."

Tamura Ran, who is that? He looks around the classroom til he sees a girl sitting by Kawakami waving at him. It's the girl he sees hanging out with his crush the most. He returns back a small wave and returns his gaze back to the teacher.

He doesn't know what to expect. He doesn't know the girl and her personality at all! She's probably nice enough if she is friends with the nicest person he knows.

Tamura turns to Kawakami.

"What do ya know, I'm with your Loverboy." She smirks. Kawakami's face reddens but she came up with a comeback.

"Well I'm with the dude you called mysterious!"

"Cause he is! Look at him, he's all serious and tough - which is definitely my type. I can't believe I haven't noticed him in the back of the classroom this whole school year!"

The teacher clears her throat and glares at the two friends.

"S-Sorry, we will stop." Kawakami apologizes for her and her friends bickering, but that didn't stop Ran from talking a little teeny bit quieter.