Preview

The First Anniversary

Ever have the feeling that a whole entire year went by with the blink of an eye. That's how Theora and Nicholas felt, it was exactly one year ago that their arrange marriage had taken place. They had gone through hate, adversity, doubt, pain and somehow managed to reach to love at the end.

A lot changed in that one year, a meek mannered Theora was now a strong woman not afraid to speak her mind and a selfish playboy like Nicholas was now a dedicated and loving husband. Some things although never change as Theora and Nicholas were currently late to their own party.

"THEORA HURRY!!" Nicholas yelled from the downstairs hallway while also putting on his tie and had placed one of his shoes on the table by the door "MAMA CALLED AGAIN!"

It was her fourth call but undoubtedly wouldn't be the last.

"What are you yelling at me for?!" Theora showed up at the top of the steps holding her heels in her hands "I wasn't the one who suggested to take a shower together to save time!"

"Theora there's no use in bringing up the past"

"Bringing up the past?" Theora was about scold Nicholas some more when her phone started ringing "it's Carmen! We're officially can not be trusted with time!"

"I can imagine your Yiayia's lecture "in my day we woke up at the brink of dawn"" Nicholas mimicked Yiayia

"Yes, yes we would barely sleep spending the whole night preparing" Theora joined in as she put on her heels choosing to ignore Carmen's call.

"In all fairness, we weren't exactly sleeping either" Nicholas said with a wolffish grin

"Nicholas now isn't the time let's go!"

"Ok let's do a quick check, remember I went with two different shoes last time"

"And I with one earring"

"Ok shoes?"

"Check"

"Dress/Suit ok?"

"Check"

"Accessories?"

"Check" Theora said straightening his tie and Nicholas moving her hair to check for both earrings

"Makeup?" Theora asked moving away from Nicholas to look at the mirror behind him. "Check"

Nicholas didn't have a clue about make up, once her eyeliner was thin on one side and the thick on the other and he couldn't tell what was wrong.

"Ok let's go, we're already fifteen minutes late" Nicholas said looking down at his watch on one hand and opening the door with the other.

"Again. Not my fault" Theora reminded Nicholas as she followed him outside.

"I don't remember you opposing to the idea either"

"I tried but you shut me up with a kiss, remember!" Theora countered

"Oh yeah, too bad I can't shut you up while I'm driving" Nicholas gave Theora a mischievous grin while holding the passenger side door for her she returned it with a glare and sat in the car with a huff.

"Not so much as a thank you. Ok" Nicholas shut the door and went over to the driver's side.

"You know you're still the one to blame for this" Nicholas said as he started the car.

"What are you talking about? We clearly established you are the one who made us late!" Theora angrily replied turning side ways in her seat.

"No I mean this, this whole anniversary event" explained to which Theora furrowed her brows, straightening herself back in her seat and folding her arms over chest.