CHAPTER FORTY TWO. VILLAIN MEETS VILLAIN.

Pink hair. That was the most basic characteristics possessed by the members of that tribe. A rare ethnic community with a very low reproduction rate just like the black knights, this tribe's population diminished over centuries at an alarming rate, even more than the black knights, to the point that their existence became a legend in the continent. Over hundred of centuries ago they had already scattered all over the continent without leaving any traces behind in an attempt to disassociate from the main population. If not for instances of them being sighted by common people in different places they were already considered as an extinct tribe.

THE LILIES. That was the name of this tribe. Believed to be the children of Fairies. Loved by the nature, and God, they were also the gatekeepers of the unspeakable, and had their very own special abilities varying from individual to individual.
According to some ancient texts some of them were even born with the power of vision, the key to unspoken truths and such, which was obviously stated as an exaggeration by many scholars.

Revard knew of this legendary tribe because he had heard numerous rumours accounting the sightings of the lilies wandering from place to place in the empire. Although nothing came out whenever a search party was issued.
But now what!
He was standing behind a tree spying on a member of that tribe.
In the kingdom of Moon.
This piece of news was a big catch.
What was a member of that tribe doing in the imperial compound of the moon kingdom?
Most likely this person was a hidden guest of one of the members of the imperial family.
When thinking like this a feeling of uneasiness arose in Revard's brain.

"Whose guest are you, young man?" As soon as he asked this to himself  the crown prince of this kingdom flashed in his mind. If what he was guessing was true.....
Revard's left brow twitched in discomfort.

Oblivious to his spying the other person was busy feeding a group of little birds. The little chirping fellows surrounded him in the front as they ate from his hands. One of them even went as close as to hopping on his left shoulder. It nuzzled itself against his face. He raised his hand towards his shoulder and the little bird immediately hopped onto his slender fingers. The birds seemed to be very attatched to him.

This was a sight to behold.

"So bright!" Revard muttered. "Children of fairies huh?" Staring at his long pink hair and his face, he couldn't deny this man was a total beauty.
With a faint smile, "To not stick around and investigate, that would be a waste for me."

While it was calm here a huge storm was taking place elsewhere.

"A special envoy has arrived!"

This news set the sun palace on chaos.

Crown prince Satatra was on his way to meet this so called special envoy. Wearing a very big frown on his forehead, he looked very irritated.

"How many of them had already gathered at the hall by now?" He asked the attendent accompanying him.

"Crown prince, almost all of them are there. They immediately hurried over as soon as the message was sent to them. Ahem....um...except for the first prince." Came the reply.

Satatra gave his attendent a look saying 'That was nothing new.'

Even in the last meeting, his elder brother did not show up. He had long ago stopped expecting him to join and participate in matters concerning the whole empire.
Regardless, this time it was really a matter of national emergency. Because the man that was changing history had come here himself as the special envoy of the kingdom he had conquered.

"How laughable!" Satatra scowled. It was now clear what that man's motive was.
But what had that anything to do with him?
The more he thought of it the more it annoyed him.
He had no what so ever interest in unifying the kingdoms of this world under one ruler. The only thing he truly wanted right now was to conquer Aaron's heart. Too bad there were too many interruptions ready to ruin his time with his Aaron.