𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝒾𝓍

After a while, Marcello's cries ceased and the cemetery was tranquil.

"How?" Marcello croaked.

"Stillbirth," Bambina muttered, playing with his hair absentmindedly as her legs went numb.

"What about the girl?" He remained in his position, relishing her hands in his hair.

"She's ok, she's at my house, healthy as can be." Bambina smiled slightly.

"Can I see her?"

She ceased her movement, did she want him to see her? Sure he had a right to seeing his child, but he hadn't asked or tried to meet them until now, and only after he found out that one was dead.

She wanted her child's father to be in their life, but would he be committed? He didn't want him to hurt her baby as he had hurt her.

But he had a right, so she was decided, "Okay," the words were quiet, but caused Marcello to jump up in anticipation.

The walked at a leisurely pace back the car where Ryan stood on his phone. Upon hearing their footsteps, he looked up and put his phone away, "Home." Bambina told him and he nodded, opening the door for them.

The drive wasn't that long, and the car soon stopped in front of a quaint modern cottage. The white porch was bare and empty, the green lawn cut to an appropriate length as a small playground stood beside the house.

Bambina got out of the car and Marcello followed.

The silently went to the front door and Bambina unlocked it, a warm light exiting from the house as the door opened.

"Madre! I'm home!" Bambina yelled out and an attractive brown-haired lady popped out of one of the rooms, her wrinkly face smiling as she held a baby in her arms.

The woman's eyes widened as she saw Marcello, the woman looked between him and Bambina, and then the baby.

Eloise occasionally stayed with her daughter to babysit her granddaughter, enjoying the solitude that it provided when Bambina worked long hours.

"He wants to meet his child," Bambina informed her and went forward, taking her child out of her mother's arms, "This is little Angel." Bambina turned to the large man and kissed the short-haired baby's head.

Murmuring her name, he took the baby out of Bambina's outstretched hands.

Angel laughed gaily, her sweet, high-pitched tone filling the house and bringing a soft smile onto Marcello's face.

Holding her close, Angel lifted her chubby arms and clapped on his stubby cheeks, her lips curled up in an open-mouth smile, displaying her small teeth.

"Hello my Angel," Marcello raised her up in front of his face, and the little baby blew a raspberry.

Instead of getting mad, Marcello let out a loud laugh, making Angel laugh as well. Watching the pair, Bambina smiled, her heart skipping.

"I made some dinner, and luckily I thought to make some extra since someone didn't tell me about our unexpected guest." Eloise stared pointedly at her daughter who blushed red and shrugged.

"I was surprised myself Madre,  didn't know that I would invite him." Bambina watched her baby and the man she loved.

"What do you mean, you didn't know?" Eloise frowned with her hands placed on her hips.

Marcello wasn't listening to the two women's bickering as he remained enraptured by the 18-month-old girl.

"Marcello, I hope you'll join us for dinner." Eloise interrupted her daughter as she turned to the man.