Chapter 5 - A dream within a dream

Naruto was about to ask Kakashi for the information about the new neighbor, but he saw that both Kakashi and Akira were still not finished. He then decided to leave them. 

Kakashi then spoke to Akira one last time before leaving too, "Hokage-sama got you a message. He told me that you are required to meet him tomorrow at 1pm"

Akira nodded tiredly, hoping to get into the apartment as quickly as possible. He wished to run away from this feeling he got when he was with Kakashi. Once Kakashi finally left, Akira went immediately into the room and closed it. With a sighed, he plumped down on the bed not minding to care for his half body which was hanging outside the bed. His body finally catching up with his chakra exhaustion and all the events that he faced in one day;allowing the sleep take him over. 

"Kakashi-sensei!"

A grey haired shinobi fell to the ground with a hole on his stomach. He looked back for a split second to one of his favourite student and a thin smile framed his face. 

"Kakashi-sensei! No!!!"screamed a blonde hair shinobi as he saw his sensei got hit. 

He briskly moved to his sensei side. He then yelled to his teammate,"Heal him!"

A pink hair kunoichi crouched down and put her hands on the wound. A green glow light emanated from both her hands trying her best to heal the fallen shinobi. Her sob could be heard through out the process. 

"Please make it. P-please make it. P-lease..."she chanted over and over again. 

The fallen shinobi slowly shook his head then grabbed the kunoichi's hands motioned her to stop what she was doing. His eyes then drifted away to search for the blonde shinobi who was crouching down next to the kunoichi. 

"D-don't..."whispered Kakashi. The blonde shinobi looked straight to his sensei's eyes in worry. "D-don't ever give...up, Naruto."rasped Kakashi again, crimson spilling from his mouth and stained his pale lips. 

Naruto could feel Kakashi's chakra slowly fading away. 

And then Kakashi finally closed his eyes, his chest stopped its movement, and his entire body turning slack. Naruto widened his eyes in horror. He couldn't breath, couldn't think, couldn't hear anything else beside trying to find a breath from his sensei. 

But nothing could be heard. 

A mad laughter of a man who was standing a few meters from him echoing in the area. He stared at the blonde shinobi sharply as he moved closer. 

"You killed another one, Naruto. Well done! Another useless sacrificial you did to defeat me. You realized by now that you can't stand a chance against me. D-"

In the next moment, only an agonizing scream could be heard. He succumbed to his rage and went directly to the mad man trying to defeat him. He couldn't deny what the man said that everything was his fault. He couldn't do anything except watching his comrades lives fading away. 

With a choke-off cry, Akira jerked up drenched in sweat as he gasped for breath. He shut his eyes tightly trying to put the memories of his past in the back of his mind. One shaky hand then reached out to his head trying to calm the throbbing pain he was having. 

Kakashi sensei was one of the teacher who didn't see him as a jinchuuriki and didn't make any exceptions for him. He saw his students as equal. Seeing the grey haired shinobi died in front of him, Akira was devastated beyond repair. He blamed himself for every fallen comrades. 

He then eased himself by massaging his temple with his prosthetic arm. When his breathing became steady, Akira lowered his hand, and searched for the clock inside his empty apartment. 4:00 stared at Akira and the blonde shinobi could only sigh. Another one hour sleep for him. Eversince the war broke out, he couldn't sleep in peace because one carelessness could lead to death. The longest sleep he had was one hour; the same as now. Since he couldn't sleep anymore, he decided to get up and take a shower to clear his head.