14 • qurbat | قربت

| closeness |•

•••
itna kareeb aa gayi thi tum mere,
main soch baitha tha ke tum meri hi ho
•••

"Ohh Allah, I am dying!" The voice of Yaseen Hamidi rang through the expanse of the parking lot, sending an unlikely echo.

"Thoda side mein hoke maroge tum? Unlike you, we have a lot of work to do." Dina Farooqi, his arch nemesis, the bane of his existence, retorted kicking him lightly in the ribs as she carried a blue coloured icebox towards the car.
(Can you more a little bit to the side and die?)

"Dina churail, apni in kaali kaali ankhon se mujhpar gandi nazar lagadi hai tumne. My stomach hurts so bad, somebody take me to the hospital."Yaseen cried out, as he leaned against a pillar.

"Yasi Mamu!! Do you also have a baby in your stomach? Mama was crying like you when Izzie was born." The curious Wardah peeked, touching her uncle's flat stomach.

"Wari, he is pregnant with beghairati and mango milkshakes." Dina mused, eyeing the duo who almost always steered up trouble.

"Will i become pregnant as well if i drink mango milkshakes?" The little girl questioned in horror, her big eyes widening.

"Of course not, Dah-dah. She is just jealous of our love for mango milkshakes. She knows we could never love her as much as them." Yaseen gathered her in his arms, whispering wicked plans to annoy Dina.

"What are you lunatics scheming now? And why were you crying, Yaseen?" Layla questioned entering the parking lot with baby Izzah in her arms, followed by Fidah who held a basket of snacks and sandwiches and Zarrar who had Izzah's stroller.

"Your brother is screaming his lungs out like he is about to give birth."

"Yasi Mamu is pregnant, Mama. Just like you."

Came Dina and Wardah's immediate replies causing the new audience to look at them in horror.

"Yaseen!"Layla screeched, glaring at her younger brother, who just squirmed in nervousness as he hugged his niece to his chest.

Once all the shenanigans subsided, all of them sat in the car, ready to head to their destination. The amusement park. It had been a few days since Layla and the kids were staying at Zarrar's penthouse and it was as lively and chaotic as it could've gotten.

Fidah loved having company, someone to talk to and enjoy things she hadn't done in her teenage years. Layla was the right combination of up tightly strict and hilariously merry, she treated her no different than a sister. While, Wardah was still wary of Fidah, she loved the yummy treats that were baked at her convenience. She hung around Fidah like a ghost each morning, gluttonously staring at her whisk up delicacies. Izzah was incredibly fond of her Mamu's wife as it is, as she drooled all over her cheeks and giggled everytime she was near.

In the last few days, they had built bed sheet forts, had sleepovers, over dosed on ice creams and junk food, held karaoke-movie nights and had luxury skin care dates. Zarrar like the doting man of the house he was, indulged them in all those quirks, seeing how happy it made his wife.

Today they had decided to take a trip to the amusement park as it was the weekend and Yaseen-Dina had decided to tag along. They however didn't know about Fidah and Zarrar's nikkah. To them she was Ibrahim Bhai's far off relative who had run away from her marriage and was living with Layla Aapi. They were after all the ones who had found her on the road with Zarrar so he couldn't entire conceal the truth.