Scared, Potter?

Harry POV:

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss; I had frozen up immediately, trying to ignore the fact I was kissing Malfoy. He slowly moved his lips against mine, making me feel a bit more comfortable but then he pulled away.

"Wow Potter, you're more awkward than I thought. This might take a bit of work." He had whispered. I felt the heat grow in my cheeks as I nervously looked down at my feet. Same time tomorrow was the last thing he had said before walking out, leaving me alone.

"HARRY JAMES POTTER, I'VE CALLED YOUR NAME 20 TIMES AND YOU'VE IGNORED ME." Hermione screamed in my ear. 

Great way to ruin my pleasant daydream.

"Oh... sorry. What did you want to say?" I asked. To be honest with Hermione, I really would've preferred to carry on reminiscing about last night.

"Ughhh. This is the third time you've zoned out today... and it's only breakfast time!" She eyed me up and down suspiciously as if she could read my mind.

I sure hope she couldn't.

"You haven't eaten anything yet and we've been here for 10 minutes. Is something wrong? You've looked pretty spaced out for a while now. What's on your mind?" She questioned me. 

Of course Hermione would sense something was wrong. I didn't want to tell her about the Draco fiasco, she would read into it too deeply for my liking and if I told her, she would most likely tell Ron, who would get so mad at me.

"Uh... Ginny." I blurted out the first thing that came to mind, hoping she wouldn't read my lie. Hermione's eyes widened, a big smile now on her face.

"I KNEW IT!" She smirked. Maybe that wasn't the best thing to say, but it was better than telling her about Draco. I could tell her about that later.. When I actually understood myself what was going on.

At that thought, I looked towards the Slytherin table to see Draco laughing at something Pansy had said. 

Were him and Pansy together? They seemed terribly close. 

That wouldn't work though. He wouldn't have done what he did yesterday if he was with Pansy. As if he sensed me thinking about him, he turned his head, making eye contact with me. His eyes held mine whilst his smile turned into a smirk. I quickly turned my head back towards my breakfast, as a blush seared through my cheeks.

"So.. When are you going to ask Ginny out?" She asked. I opened my mouth to tell her I was still thinking about it when a furious Ron came stomping into the hall and sitting down next to us.

"NOBODY WOKE ME UP!" He scowled. While that was partly true, we had tried to wake Ron up but he had just told us to 'bog off' and leave him alone.

So being the good friends we were, we did.

"You did tell us to go Ron. I would've brought you some food if you didn't show up." Hermione calmly stated.

I just nodded my head in agreement. There was nothing else I could really say anyways.

"Alright but next time, don't leave me sleeping." He sat down, already scoffing all the food he could fit down his mouth. Hermione cringed at his lack of table manners.

"I'm gonna go to the library before potions. I'll meet you guys in class." I spoke, standing up and walking out before they could reply.

I needed to take a quick walk to clear my head and think about how to get the courage to not only talk to Ginny, but also ask her out. How would Ron react? 

"A lot on your mind, Potter?" A voice called out from behind me. 

Great. 

The one and only Draco Malfoy had followed me out of the hall.

"None of your business Malfoy." I snapped back at him, I didn't need any of his insults this early in the morning.

Apparently Malfoy didn't understand what personal space was as he grabbed my shoulder, shoving me against the wall.

"What do you want Malfoy?"

"Hmm what do I want Potter? Remember what you said last night, 'I'll do anything'." He whispered, his lips brushing my ear, making me shiver. He smirked at that.

His face was so close to mine, if he or I leaned forwards, our lips would be touching. A blush rose on my cheeks at that thought so I turned my head to the side.

"Scared, Potter?" He teased.

He gently grabbed my face, turning it to face his as he leaned in closer. My gaze was stuck on his lips, to feel it on mine again, but he pulled away. 

Disappointment rushed through my veins before embarrassment again, realising what I had been thinking.

"See you in potions, Potter." He walked away, leaving me leaning against the wall alone, but very flustered. 

"You wish." I mumbled quietly mostly to myself.

I shook my head, trying to shake off everything that had just happened, but the smell of mint lingered in the air, reminding me of him. I quickly looked around, in case anyone had been watching, before I headed to potions.

So much for the library.

A/N: LMAOOO i hate myself. N e gays, enjoy this chapter. Also, this is probably going to be a short story which is why it's going so fast. I don't know how many chapters I'll do but it won't be more than 20 I'm guessing.  22/06/20

Edited: 14/08/20