just stay one more night

Before you read this chapter I'd like tell you a bit about it. This takes place when Y/n had died and Saiki was still wouldn't accept it. DoomedDepresso  commented this amazing idea, so props to you for getting my ass back into writing. Anyways I hope you enjoy this long overdue chapter.

After you died, Saiki's mental health plummeted leaving him even colder than how he was before he met you

After you died, Saiki's mental health plummeted leaving him even colder than how he was before he met you. He couldn't stop thinking about what you said before you died, "I couldn't stay by your side".

Why did she feel like it was her duty to stay with him? He was the one who has supposed to protect her, he was the one who has supposed to save her but he didn't. Kurusu tried and tried to save you from the oceans abyss, but it was like Poseidon himself dragged you down in the deepest part of the water.

He tried to make the animals bring her body to the surface, but they swam away from Kusuo's desperate pleas. He rewound time and swam in himself, but you sank further and further into the ocean. If he stayed any longer, he would've drowned along with you.

He even went back to the first time you met, and tried to take a different path to school as to not run into you. But the sisters of fate had decided it was your destiny to die and there was nothing Kusuo could do.

He graduated highschool and went to study abroad in hopes to forget about what happened to you. "Silly strawberry," you thought ", you're going to have to acknowledge it someday."

You followed him everywhere he went, you were his guardian angel, his conscience.

You were also his mom. Not in an inappropriate way, but rather you took care of him when his depression got the better of him. It was hard not to when he was in his tiny little apartment. To say the atmosphere was gloomy would be an understatement. It was like despair turned into a interior decorator and designed the whole place.

Currently Kusuo was starring at his computer screen. He wanted to reopen your court case, but it was rejected. Even if it was accepted Kusuo wouldn't have been able to pay the lawyer from his part-time job.

"Stawberry, you've got to go to bed. It's hella late and you have class tomorrow."

No response.

"Come on Saiki. Get your ass into bed."

Still no response. You're getting worried.

"Kusuo?"

You walk over to his plastic desk. The table is one you would find at a kids birthday party, or a barbecue.

Kusuo had his glasses off, a rare sight, and was resting his head on his hands. He fell asleep already.

"Great. Now you're going to wake up with a crick in your neck."

Slowly Kusuo wakes up, eyes quickly readjusting to the blue light of his screen. He has bags under his eyes.

With a rough voice he says, "I'm up." No matter how many times you hear his morning voice, it still brings warmth to your cheeks.