Transmission 2: May We Remember Them

Serah felt as though a piece of her was gone, a hollow space where her heart once remained; one that was filled with love, joy, and ambition now bled of sorrow. She could vividly remember moments of her awakening, the deafening sounds of the ships alarm, the taste of bile coating her tongue, and the smell combined of fumes and flesh. What could never be forgotten from her awakening was the moment she saw the pod a few levels above her husband snapped off its hinges and crushed him.

Killing him instantly.

She looked upon the med bay with her legs brought up to her chest, the IV drip still in her arm due to her refusal to drink liquids; it was hard for her to think of anything else she could feel the tears coming back as she remembered her husbands fate when only moments ago they were enjoying each others company in their dream states.

Of the freedom they'd have.

Thinking of what to call their son.

She tightened her grip on the thermal blankets surrounding her as she wept into the foil-like material. She didnt want to believe that her love was gone, her Lionel, after so many decades on the run and this is how he's taken.

'Lionel' her heart cried in grievance, longing for his touch once again.

That was until she felt something cold rest on her head, "you know that's not the end of me just yet."

She felt her heart stop beating as her eyes widen and more tears tred down her cheeks, his hand felt so cold when there used to be warmth; looking up she can indefinitely see that sitting by her side, on the small space of cushioning, was her lover. His teddy bear brown hues still filled with undying love and his freezing touch attempt to wipe away the trails of tears, "why," she breathed. She continued to look puzzled at him, feeling her hair being tucked behind her ear, knowing that if a human or mutant spirit is not satisfied with how they died they will stay until they're contentments met.

It was one of her gifts after all.

Though, to her, the capability to communicate with the dead was a gift and a curse.

Lionel reached both sides of her face, coming closer to her legs as he looked into her pain filled eyes, "I can not leave you, not until you've accepted it," Serah felt slight anger accompany her sorrow, for him to ask for such a thing right away was not an easy task; she turned away from him  as she shook her head. "You know I can't do that," she spoke with her back to him only for his hand to touch her shoulder lightly, begging her to look back at him.
She didn't.

She didnt want to look at him much longer. "I know it's  not an easy task my love," he'd stated, his voice becoming that of a whisper, "all I ask is that you try."

She reached up to try and hold his hand closer, only for it to faze through cold mist, sometimes she can ammit strong enough power to touch the remaining spirit and further help them cross over to eternal rest. But, with her being awake after several years, it would take some time for all of her power to awaken once again. 'Out of all the gifts I have,' she thought, 'this had to be the one to awaken first.'

She hefted a heavy sigh before nodding in acknowledgement to his plea. Though part of her wanted to be selfish and keep him near, she had to move on as well as him.

She could hear the heavy footsteps coming closer behind as the sounds of a glass was put down and a more warming touch was at her shoulder. "I'm glad to see you awake Miss," he began, the tone in his voice sounding somewhat familiar to her, " you gave the crew quite a scare."

She laughed in silence as a smirk crept its way on her face, shrugging away the resting hand. "I'm sure they were," she remarked, turning her body again to rest fully on the little cot; she watched as this person turned away briefly, reaching here and there for medical supplies with his back towards her, "take those medications if you would please," he retrieved the sterilized pack of tools, "you had sustained a minor head injury upon waking from hypersleep, they should help with any pain or nausea."