E P I L O G U E

VANESSA
■ • ■ • ■

"Gabriel frickin' Díaz!" I shouted, walking upstairs while bouncing our crying baby boy in one of my arms while I held the tiny bag of his foods in the other. "Where are you?"

I could hear his distant reply and I walked down the hall, making a right into his office to find him looking over some files. He looked up and began to smile before his face froze at the irritated expression on mine.

"What'd I do this time?" He groaned, putting his pen down and leaning back in his leather chair.

"You realize your son got to my paperwork after I told you to put it back in the folder once you were finished reading it," I said angrily, making him sheepishly grin, "and now I have nothing but destroyed documents that I needed for my next meeting?"

"Why is he my son when he does something bad?" He muttered, standing to his feet. He took Rowan from my arms and walked back to his chair, grinning down at our first-born child.

Immediately, Rowan began to giggle, making me roll my eyes and cross my arms at his sudden change of attitude. I walked over to him, feeling Gabriel put me on his lap before kissing me slowly. I hummed, pulling away and wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"How's the worker's hunt going?" I asked Gabriel, smiling at Rowan when he let out a happy squeal as Gabriel bounced him on his leg.

After I gave birth to Rowan year ago, Gabriel's been looking for a person that he knows will be able to help him with his job, get the job done quickly and quietly, and not ask questions before doing it. However, seeing as this was the twenty-first century, it was quite difficult to find someone willing to put themselves in that sort of situation without thinking of the consequences for even crossing our paths.

"None that seems fitting for the job," Gabriel muttered as a response, running a hand through his chocolate brown hair. "This seems pointless, princesa. I haven't found anyone in the last year."

"Someone will show up," I assured him with a smile, biting my lip as Rowan began to fuss again. "What time is it? I know this sort of cry."

Gabriel checked his watch. "Almost 12:00p.m. Is it time for his—"

"Lunch? Yeah. Rowan's having those gurgled cries so he's hungry." I handed him our son and grabbed the bag from under the desk. When I looked back up at him, I saw Gabriel's eyes on my cleavage."Enough, Gabriel."

"Not my fault," he said, shrugging. "You've always had nice tits and now they're practically watermelons."

I smacked his forehead. "They are not. You're ridiculous."

I gently grabbed Rowan and smiling at him. Rowan held my nose gently and my eyebrows scrunched, chuckling. He stuck his tongue out at me, laughing and squealing when I attacked his face in kisses.

Gabriel chuckled, holding his forehead and kissing my shoulder. He pulled me completely on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist while kissing my neck. I chuckled, nudging his arm away with my elbow when one of his hands began to travel down my thigh.

"Stop it," I muttered, glaring at him. "Wait until Rowan finishes eating so I can put him to sleep."

"No sleep," Rowan's soft voice said, making me raise an eyebrow at him.