Chapter 08

A piece of advice for the future: never count on destroying something on your stupid friends that you should've destroyed yourself. Cause they are not the ones who will have to deal with the consequences of their action later.

For the last ten minutes, Ashton has been camping in front of my locker, refusing to move.

"Ashton, this isn't funny anymore, I have to get in the class, I can't be late twice in a row." Moreover my bag's kind of very heavy with the number of books I carried home yesterday.

Other times, Derek would be around me to deal with such situations. But since Ashton's buttface has been kicked off the team, the coach needed to talk with him before school.

Ashton, clad in dark jeans and a blue varsity jacket, shakes his head and remains unmoved.

Where are Miles and Grace now when I need them the most? I remember, they were with me until they saw Ashton. Before I could turn around, they were gone. Boom! Vanish in the air. Those traitors. First, they put me in this mess, and now they run away like the cowards they are.

They're lucky I love them.

The warning bell rings. I look at Ashton for one last time and throw my innocent puppy-like looks. He doesn't even look at my face.

With a defeated huff, I stomp my feet like a five-year-old and walk to Mrs. G's US Government class.

As I'm already late, there are only two seats available in the middle. I take the one in the corner column, staying as far as possible from Mrs. G.

After the final bell rings, Mrs. G walks in. Ashton Fellan follows her in.

Of course, he is in this class. He told me yesterday.

"He'll never learn," Someone sighs from beside me.

I glance to my side and find his friend Nyako, from yesterday's detention. I didn't even notice him. Among three of their trio, he's the quiet one. Which makes it more confusing how come he's the one with the detention championship medal.

I take the four-leaf clover out of my pocket and spin it with my fingers. Ashton slips a pass to Mrs. G and waves in our direction. Or precisely, in my direction and walks over to the empty seat behind me.

Wait, since when the seat behind mine was empty?

I turn and see the emo guy who was previously sitting behind me walking to the back of the class. I look at Ashton and raise a brow. He grins broadly.

I sigh. I can see how awesome this year is going to be.

Excuse the sarcasm.

Not five minutes later, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn over and Ashton smiles at me. "Do you have an extra pencil?"

I narrow my eyes. "Where's yours?"

"I forgot?" I roll my eyes and give him one of my many extra pencils.

Two minutes later, he taps again. Mrs. G is describing the Voting process on the blackboard, so she doesn't notice it.

I turn around again, trying to stay as patient as possible. "How may I help you?"

"Eraser?" He flashes his infamous million-watt smile, the one even I can't resist. Not that I'll admit it on his face.

I give him the eraser.

Tap tap!

I turn around this time without even watching out for Mrs. G.

"Do you need a book now?" I hiss.