Chapter 16 - Rules

The rules down below and information I state is from an amazingly put together video by YouTuber BlueRaven666

The video is linked above! Go check the channel out!

~~~

A few more days... you never got close to being killed but nevertheless your nerves never ceased during and leading up to this day...

Extermination day

Or as others would call it, the cleanse... being an overlord gave you an upper hand with your powers and all. However you kept your prayers never ending for you friends in Imp city and others around hell.

Extermination was like an exam, but with your life on the line. If you didn't prepare for the day you would die and cease to exist.

Die a second death

Luckily for you, you had plenty of months to get used to hell and learn it's ways when you dropped from the sky. Though you knew about the extermination in your life, experiencing it was... it was a lot.

When the exterminators came to play there were simple rules to follow, just a few:

Rule #1 - figure out where you will be

The last thing you want to do on extermination day is be locked out, ready to be picked like a ripe fruit. Make sure wherever you're staying is secure and indoors considering exterminators hate fighting in enclosed spaces.

Rule #2 - Stock up

Get enough food and drinks for 24 hours. Get enough games, magazines, movies and... other things to keep yourself entertained. Those 24 gruelling hours will seem to last centuries, and the last thing you want is to run out of food in the first 12 hours.

Rule #3 - Lock up

When the extermination starts you will hear an ear piercing siren. Something straight out of... well... hell! Lock up when you hear it and don't open the doors for anyone, if they're out there during the extermination hours that's their loss. Better yet lock up an hour before. If you are outside during the siren be ready to die because shelters, yes surprisingly there are shelters in hell for extermination day, they will lock their doors.

Rule #4 - Wait it out

Wait. That's all you can do. Wait until it's all over, distract yourself from the chaos... unless you enjoy that stuff then sit back and watch. It's well known throughout hell that the radio demon broadcasts live coverage of the extermination on the radio for those who wish to listen to his commentary.

Rule #5 - Don't do anything stupid

This is the most important rule. Sinners sometimes think they're above it all. They think they can take on an exterminator... sorry to break it to you, but you can't. Many demons with no more than a single brain cell have tried and failed horribly. So stay indoors and keep safe, keep those impulses to a minimum if you value your life.

~3 days until extermination~

Whisking the eggs at high speed Niffty quickly rush to your side, drags her stool up to you and grabs your hand.

"Y/n, calm down!" Her worried tone only made you whisk faster.

"I am calm!" You put down the bowl and pick her up. "How about you stay out the kitchen?" You pinch her cheek and kiss the top of her head before placing her down and closing the kitchen doors.

"Oh dear..." Niffty drags a food cart from the corner of the dining room and stands on top of it to peer through the kitchen windows.

~2 days until extermination~

"Please tell me if anything goes wrong, ok?" Millie holds your hand tight in comfort.

"Don't worry, Y/n, we'll be fine, Moxxie and I will stay safe," you nod and hand her the goodies you had baked.

"Is Bltizo staying with you?"

"N-"

"Yes I am!" Blitzo bursts through the apartment door with Loona. "So is Loony!"

"No!" Moxxie cries out.

"Come on, it'll be easier for Y/n to get us if something goes wrong, Mox," Millie kisses her husbands cheek.

"F-fine! But I want you guys gone the moment it's over," Moxxie growls.

"You all stay safe ok?" You give them all a hug before leaving.

~1 day before extermination~

Flipping through your incantation book you slip your gaze to your altar. Letting out a sigh you walk over and kneel down in front of it. You conjure up a new marigold flower to replace the old one.

"I hope we survive," you mumble quietly. A small tear escapes the dolls eyes making you sigh and collect it in the vial. "Don't cry, I will stay safe, it's just one day," giving the doll a kiss you dust off your knees before going to the bathroom to wash up before dinner.

~~~

Short chapter but a filler one at that-

I hope you're all enjoying life ❤️❤️

- Anna ❤️