12| touch

“We need that touch from the one we love, almost as much as we need air to breathe.”

- Five Feet Apart

12| touch

I squeeze the door knob. That thing doesn’t budge. I lift my foot up, prop it against the door, and then squeeze the door knob harder.

“Goddamnit,”I huff. “Why doesn’t this thing open?”

I slide down to the floor and wipe my sweat.

“The door didn’t open because it is locked.” I look up, and Oliver is standing there looking at me with his arms crossed over his chest.

Oliver is wearing a dark blue sweatshirt and a pair of black sweatpants. His feet are bare, and his hair is falling all over his forehead.

Oliver narrows his eyes at me. “And for some reason, you look like you are planning something terrible.”

You bet, Oliver.

“Get up, now.” Oliver lends his hand towards me. I take it. He pulls me up with one swift movement. 

“As far as I know, you went to the toilet, and it has been 10 minutes since you left,” Oliver replies, narrowing his eyes at me. “There is a toilet downstairs.”

Did I, by any chance, tell you that I planned to spy on Oliver? That was the plan, but Oliver rained on my parade. 

“Yeah, but I used your toilet once. So I wanted to use it again, since I’m familiar with it. Just wanted to say hi,” I say, smiling.

Oliver looks like he wants to lock me up in an asylum.“Obviously.”

“Yeah, but I found out the room is locked. Why?” I ask him as we go downstairs.

“Because I knew you would be here,” Oliver mumbles.

I smack his arm. “Hey.”

“And you did exactly what I thought you would do.” Oliver turns to me.

“There’s always more to know, Oliver. You can never guess what I will do next.” 

“That’s for sure,” Oliver agrees. I smile bigger.

I realize we are heading for the pool. 

“Jason is already in the water,” Oliver says, “and I figured you would like to be there too. Brought your swimsuit?”

I am wearing it underneath my shirt and shorts. It is a bright Saturday, and Jason told me there was no way he wouldn’t take advantage of Oliver’s pool, so I am prepared as well.

“Just say you wanna see me in a bikini,” I say, smirking.

Oliver rolls his eyes, “If you wanna jump in the pool with your clothes on, be my guest.”

Oliver didn’t deny it, though. That he wants to see me in a bikini.

I smirk. “Of course. You’re in your swimming trunks?”

Oliver turns around as we reach the pool. “You don’t need to know about that.”

I narrow my eyes and try to picture Oliver in swimming trunks. I have never seen Oliver shirtless before. I don’t know how he will look, but I am betting he will look hot. 

Mhmm, nice images are flashing in my mind.

Oliver gently smacks my head. “Get out of that gutter, Bradbury.”