Chapter 4: The Secret Meeting 上

Shuizhu's POV

Once the carriage stopped at Gui Manor, I immediately ran inside, "Mother, I'll be heading into my room." I yelled.

Her gazed followed me in confusion as she stepped out of the carriage, "Slow down, what's the rush for."

Ignoring her question, I didn't wait for my maidservants as I quickly proceeded into my bedroom.

"Don't bother me right now," I ordered the servants as I closed the bedroom door. They bowed in response and went back to doing their chores.

Once I entered my room, I immediately took the handkerchief from my sleeve with much excitement.

As I touched the handkerchief, I felt the silk was exceptionally smooth and cooling to the touch. The Palace indeed has many expensive and rare goods. On the corner embroidered 2 flying sparrows.

I touched the intricate embroidery and thought, does His Highness mean that these two sparrows depict us? I immediately blushed at the thought and images of 2nd Prince and me flash in my head.

I clutch my fist, no matter what happens I have to make 2nd Prince my husband. He can't belong to someone else.

I flip over the handkerchief and read the message, "I await Miss at 11 tonight. A carriage will be waiting for you in front of your manor."

I squeeze the ivory silk as excitement burst throughout my body. The 2nd Prince wants to see me! I am meeting the 2nd Prince tonight! Very quickly I lost myself in these thoughts.

"Sister," a voice yell through the door followed my series of knockings, "Can I come in? Your servants said even I can't come in!"

I sight and quickly hit the silk cloth under my pillow, "Yes, little sister come in."

The doors burst open and Jialing came running inside. I waved my hands at the servant as they quickly exited leaving us two sisters alone.

"Sister, sister," Jialing happily tug my arm as follows me, "How was it? What was the 1st Prince like? Are you the prettiest?"

I gently pull her hands from my arms as I prepare tea, "Slow down. The 1st Prince isn't that much, he just sat there quiet and cough time to time. Noble Consort Wen and the madams did most of the talking. We girls just sat there, smiled time to time and ate deserts."

"What?," Jialing mouth open, "Only that? How boring."

I nodded in response.

"Then do you think 1st Prince likes you?" Her eyes shine,

I dryly laugh, "Nope. He didn't even look at my direction. Besides I don't like him either."

Little sister's shoulders drop, "No way, even you didn't catch his eye?"

"He seems to like the Ruhua girl from the palace."

"Who's that? Is she pretty?"

"She's the only descendent from the Han family. The family who was slaughter from protecting the royal family so she grew up in the palace with 1st Prince and them. I feel she looks a bit plain for someone who grew up in the royal family."

"Well, 1st Prince looks very plain so it makes sense he would like the plain types," Jialing nods her head, "Then our Gui family won't produce a Princess Consort then."

I sip my tea and replied, "I'm not sure, maby you have a chance." I winked.

Little sister laughed, "If you are not chosen and with my looks they probably won't even glance at me. Besides I want to marry for love not for some status."