Chapter Six ~ A Sad Farewell

Soon they had arrived at the market in the center of Taazokaan, the city closest to Soteria's forest. It was alive with the chatter and laughter of people all around them. From what Luke could tell, they were all Lycans. Different storefronts lined the streets while street vendors and merchants were all over the place.

Before Luke could even get close enough to mind sync with Baddy, Diana stopped them all for a moment. A smile gracefully appeared on her face as she closed her eyes and brought her hand to her heart.

"They're in the middle of the market, just over there." She spoke softly and pointed towards a display of cheese wheels and slices.

It wasn't hard to spot them with Baddy standing taller than everyone else around him.
From the distance they could see Reika loading him up with different types of cheeses.

For a brief moment Luke noticed Baddy close his eyes and bring his hand to his heart, just like Diana did prior. Opening his eyes and dropping his hand, he looked straight at them.

Well straight at Diana.
You could see it as they drifted towards each other. As if some connection was forcing them together until they were safely in each other's arms.
Leaving Reika to deal with all the cheese that was currently scattered everywhere.
Blaidd ran over to catch one that was rolling away.

"Tala?" Rick asked in confusion when he came out of one of the stores. "You sure you should be out and about?"

"It was feeling kind of stuffy so I figured the fresh air would do me some good." She explained with an awkward laugh.

"Well I for one am happy to see you, I never understand what dads talking about. You can help him find the parts to whatever it is he's working on" Reika laughed.

"If you guys will excuse us for just a moment. Luke, Baddy and I need to talk but we'll catch up shortly." Blaidd tells Rick and the girls as he handed Rick the cheese wheel.

Shoving Baddy's shoulder to get his attention.
"We'll be back in a moment and then I promise I'll bring him back." He smiled to Diana who's lip was beginning to quiver and pout.

"You can come help me find ingredients!" Reika squeaked, wrapping her arm around Diana's and pulling her off into the center of the market.

Luke, Blaidd and Baddy walked around watching the Custos family from a safe distance.

"What was that back at the barn?" Blaidd finally asked Luke.

Baddulf looked at them both confused.

"I don't know." Luke told them honestly.

"I thought you were going to stay away from her?" Blaidd's tone was stern.

"Wait?" Realization showed on Baddy's hard features. "What happened with Tala while we were gone Luke? Everyone seemed uneasy and Diana seems a bit upset."

"She didn't seem too upset to me." Blaidd blurted absentmindedly.

"Our mate bond connects our feelings. If I concentrate, I can see where she is, feel how she's feeling. I felt it when I connected with her before. She was mad at Luke and sad for Tala."

"So that's what that was, I was just about to mind sync with you when we got closer, but she stopped us before I could. I guess she'd be able to feel when you're in range." Luke guessed.

"Its not like the telepathic link that we all share. Ours is a bond. Conjoined souls. She could be anywhere in the world and we will still be connected. Well, once we go through the mating ritual we'll be able to feel each other from anywhere. For now it has to be within a certain distance." Baddy stopped for a moment to take a calm breath. "Now, Luke, tell me, what the fuck did you do?"