Chapter 5:The notebook

Chapter 5: The notebook
It was already night time but I wasn't feeling tired. Aiden had gone out to go get some food for Daniel and Gabriel, which meant I was stuck with them. I didn't mind being stuck with them of course but it's just that I didn't know them you know, they kind of just walked in the lake house.

My parents and Aiden's parents were outside doing a small bonfire in the back. Of course, I insisted on joining them until the conversation started to turn from the beautiful weather to a lady who cheated on her husband. Eventually, I felt like the way they explained this incident was to...explainable, so I left and just decided to hang out inside the house.

I was standing by the microwave watching the 20-second countdown. Popcorn was probably my favorite snack ever, it had so many different flavors and was practically so easy to make. After the beep went off I opened the microwave and felt the mist of steam hit my face, I grabbed the hot bag from the steaming machine and threw it on the counter once my fingers started to burn.

I grabbed a glass bowl from the brown cabinets, it took me about 3 minutes exact just to find a bowl, I poured the now warm popcorn into the bowl and crumbled the bag throwing it away.

I walked into the living room while putting a piece of popcorn in my hungry mouth and spotted Gabriel and Daniel sitting on the couch playing Uno.

They both caught my eye as I slowly walked over to the couch on the other side and plumped down.

"Hey," I murmured not knowing what to say. I picked up another piece of popcorn and ate it awkwardly.

If only this popcorn could just get stuck in my throat at this moment.

I was sitting in a room with two very attractive guys. What did you expect? Daniel was wearing blue ripped jeans that reached to his ankles and a black hoodie with the hood covering half of his bright blonde hair. Gabriel was wearing white sweats and a black shirt, his brown curly hair was set up nicely and he had a silver watch that clasped his wrist perfectly.

"Hello," Daniel said smirking, realizing my awkwardness.

I nodded and grabbed the remote in the middle of the table. I made sure to use the hand I didn't eat popcorn because this butter was a stain magnet.

"Ouu are we about to watch a movie?" Gabriel said happily as he set his cards down and looked at me with his light brown eyes.

I eyed them both confused. Why are they being so...normal?

I set the popcorn on the table and turned my body to face them directly, "You guys do know I'm the girl Aiden spilled his slushy on right?" I asked them as I played with the rings on my fingers.

They both started barking out in laughter. Daniel's face turned completely red and Gabriel was clutching onto his stomach as he laughed showing his bright white teeth.

After about 2 minutes of their laughter they calmed down and both wiped the tears that came out of their eyes, "Well duh, that was actually hella dope. The way you stood up to him," Daniel replied as he started to lean back onto the couch and sighed.

"Yeah, he was so mad after. I was like woah calm down angry bird," Gabriel replied laughing at his joke.

I eyed him suspiciously and Daniel gave him a serious look.

I clear my throat and respond, "Yeah well, thanks I guess," I say with a small smile, "I mean 7 days ago I didn't even really know him and now I'm supposed to live with him." I replied to them while rolling my eyes as I pick the popcorn bowl back up and start munching.

"He's chill. You just have to get on his good side." Gabriel replied as he looked at me with his warm brown eyes and gave me a small smile. He picked his Uno cards back up and placed a blue skip.