Chapter nine

The next morning Kokichi had awoken to a terrible pain in his stomach. What did he eat yesterday? Or maybe he didn't eat at all? The bipolar male couldn't remember for the life of him.
Oh yeah, Shuichi brought him breakfast but he never ate it. He realized this as he saw the try of food in the corner. "Why don't I get lunch? Or at least dinner?" Kokichi had whined gripping his stomach as he could feel it begging for food.
"Because you are worthless, why would we waste food on you?" A voice came from the dark hallway, startling Oma.
"W-What?... Who are you?" Oma asked. He started to tense up as he got a horrible feeling that he knew who was standing in the dark.
"Oh, are you still as stupid as back then? Or have you figured it out?" The voice taunted making Kokichi wish Shuichi was with him, but he wasn't. Kokichi was all alone with the sick bastered in the dark.
"M-M-Maki... I remember you.. You were my old c-caretaker... You're a bitch." Kokichi growled. "That's why you got moved to reception, because you were terrible to me for no reason." Kokichi said, spite filling his words.
"You killed my best friend... And then you scared off my boyfriend." Maki hissed in the shadows. Kokichi had known Maki all his life. She was his moms best friend, and she blames Kokichi for her death.
"I DIDN'T KILL MY MOM! I LOVED HER MORE THAN MYSELF!" The boy screamed as a sudden rage filled him. Maki just growled angrily.
"LIAR!" She screamed at the boy who just turned eighteen. Kokichi just gripped the stuffed toy his mom gave him and let tears he didn't realize were their, fall down his pale cheeks.
"I-I tried to stop him... I tried to run for help.. But you scared off Kaito-." Kokichi was cut off by shouting.
"DON'T YOU DARE SAY HIS NAME!" Maki screeched at the boy. Kokichi just went quiet as the hallway lights flicked on in the middle of Maki screaming.
"Hey! Leave my patient alone! What are you doing in Kokichi's hall anyway, shouldn't you be in reception?" Shuichi growled from the doorway getting very protective of the crying eighteen year old.
"Oh, I'm just leaving." Maki spat out angrily and stomped past Shuichi who slammed the door while she was stepping out making her fall.
"Y-You stuck up for me?" Kokichi said threw sobs. He was so happy to have Saihara in his life.
"Of course, I also brought you a big breakfast." Shuichi smiled sweetly at Kokichi. Kokichi smiled gratefully and happily swung the oversized flaps of his sleeves.
"I'm thinking we could play Dominos today? Sound fun?" Shuichi asked. Kokichi nodded, though he didn't have a clue as of how to play or what the game was. He could always just ask Shuichi.
Soon both the boy's found they had finished eating. Saihara set up the Dominos as Oma watched in fascination. He finally asked Shuichi how to play.
"Okay so, take half the dominos and I'll take the other half, then set them up in two rows facing you." Oma did as instructed and set up the dominos.
"Now if you have a domino with the same number on both sides lay it down." Shuichi said and Kokichi played the double five domino because he had a lot of fives in his hand.
Shuichi played a five six domino and Kokichi quickly caught on and ended up winning the game. Shuichi smiled as he was impressed.
Soon he had taught Kokichi battleship, which he didn't seem to care for, then Uno, which he loved. Soon they were playing Shuichi's favorite game, War. They were having an intense war on aces. They kept flipping the same card soon they were on their fourth war. Finally Kokichi flipped an Ace and Shuichi flipped a ten. Shuichi groaned but chuckled.
"Good job." Shuichi complimented and Kokichi beamed with an overwhelming since of pride.
"Thanks, Shuichi." The bipolar boy said to his doctor. "Hey, when I get out of here can we get a pet cat?" Oma asked as Saihara nodded and chuckled.
"Of course? Anything you wanna name it?" Shuichi asked. Kokichi went into though for a moment.
"Something game related, like piece, or roll? Oh! What about Dice?" Kokichi said excitedly.
"Dice the cat? I like it!" Shuichi laughed and hugged the short purple grape. Kokichi giggled happily. He decided to actually eat his breakfast as his stomach growled in hunger.
Maybe today had started off horribly, but it seemed everything was getting better as the day went on.