Chapter Twenty

"Who are you that has attached itself to this lady?"

     My blood ran cold. I looked frantically around me but Aashiq was nowhere to be seen. If Aashiq wasn't here, who was? The raqi called out two names and two well built boys came to the entrance of the building.

     "Seize her." The heftier looking one whose name was Abbas held my right arm while Yousef held my left arm.

     "Hey! Why are you holding me?" I tried to free myself but their grips tightened even more.

     Razia and Nabeelah shared unsure glances with Dr Naseer. He shrugged and beckoned them to follow us into the living area.

The walls were painted white and bare. There were no paintings or wall arts to make it more appealing to look at. I expected to at least see calligraphies of Quranic verses but there weren't any. In the middle of the room lay a brown Turkish rug and a Qur'an on it with several bottles of liquids I didn't know. Beside the rug was a chair with ropes on it. They were going to tie me to it. The other side of the room had a long sofa that could fit five people.

     "Dr Naseer!" I panicked. He shook his head and smiled sadly at me.

     "You have to trust him."

I was forced unto the chair and tied with the ropes. I thrashed around but the ropes were too tight and were hurting me the more I moved. I had no other option but to sit still.

The raqi asked Razia, Nabeelah and Dr Naseer to sit on the sofa at the other side of the room. When they did, he turned to me and sat on the mat.

"Aoothubillahi mina shaytani rajim." he started. "Bismillahi Rahman nir Rahim."

He recited Fatiha and the Quls before switching to verses I didn't know. My body began to burn up.

"STOP! It hurts." I screamed, thrashing around.

RAZIA'S POV

The raqi stopped reciting the verses and said, "Make your presence known to everyone in this room."

Suddenly, a strong breeze blew past all of us in the room. I know I told Aisha that we shouldn't be scared of jinns but I was low-key scared.

"What is your name?" The raqi asked Aisha. Aisha didn't say anything. She just stared at him with cold eyes. The raqi recited some more verses and she began to scream in an inhuman voice.

"What is your name?" The raqi repeated himself.

"Aashiq!" Aisha said. My eyes widened. That sneaky jinn had managed to possess her.

"Aashiq," The raqi nodded. "The lover jinn."

Aisha grinned at the raqi. "That is me."

     "Why have you possessed this body?" The raqi asked.

     "She's mine. Body and soul. I have claimed her as mine and no one else would have her."

     "Do you realize that a relationship between a jinn and a human is haram? It is forbidden!"

     "I have no business with that. Aisha is mine forever."

     "Leave this body immediately." The raqi said.

     "I'll like to see you try."

     The raqi recited a few verses and Aisha began to laugh hysterically, bobbing her head up and down.

     "Wasi'a kursiyu hus samaawati wal ard."

     "Stop! Stop! It burns! Stop!" Aisha thrashed around. She tried to pry her hands free from the ropes that bound her to the chair. The raqi repeated the Kursiy several times and Aisha kept violently shaking the chair. Aashiq had refused to leave her so the raqi opened a small bottle and put the content in his right hand, then the hand over her nose. Aisha let out a piercing scream and sneezed. Her eyes closed and she fell back limply on the chair.

     "He's gone." The raqi said. Nabeelah and I were about to hug each other excitedly when the lights began to flicker.

     Strong wind from God knows where began to blow the curtains violently, making them fall from the windows.

     "Aoothubillahi mina shaitan nir rajim." The raqi muttered. His face was pale as he read some verses.

     The chair Aisha was tied to rose up to the ceiling and spun round and around. An animalistic growl came out of her mouth. Her eyes were bloodshot as she glared at the raqi.

     "Why did you burn my nephew? I will kill you." Aisha growled.

     "Who are you?" The raqi asked.

     "I am ZOUZOULA! The KING of the jinns."

     "What do you want with Aisha?"

     The ropes on her hands and legs untied themselves and she dropped down from the ceiling with a loud thud. I was worried she'd broken a bone or something. I wanted to rush to her but I stayed glued to my seat.

     "How dare she kill one of our own?"

     "Humans cannot see jinns so how was she supposed to know there was something there?"

     "How dare you refer to our kind as things?"

     "Leave her alone."

     Aisha's body rose up into the air and her arms spread out. A sinister grin was plastered on her lips.

     "Leave her body and come out to fight me. Jinn to human. Show your face if you aren't a coward!" I was shocked when the words left my mouth. Nabeelah's mouth hung open and Dr Naseer was visibly scared.

     "Are you crazy?" Nabeelah asked.

     "Very well then, my dear Razia." Her body fell limply to the floor and thick black smoke escaped through her mouth, forming into a man. Except he wasn't a man.

     "Come to me, coward!" I stood up with my shoulder bag in hand and walked to the middle of the room. As Zouzoula stormed towards me, I smacked his face with the bag.

     "Take that you bastard!"

     Zouzoula growled angrily, fangs shining in the semi-dark room.

     "A vampire jinn! So amazing." I beamed. The look on his face was priceless.

     "Are you going to suck my blood or something?" I asked him, all the fear leaving my body. As long as God was with me, he couldn't win.

     "Ra-" he started but I cut him off.

     "Seriously though why are you doing this? You know it is haram and you'll burn in hell for all this. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life in hell?" I asked him.

     "Hell is where I come from." he replied.

     "Okay nice. How about you burn right here?" I smirked. Before he could realize what was happening, I took a container of zamzam water that was recited on and poured it on his face. The skin of his face melted as he let out loud screams.

     The raqi took control of the situation and began reciting verses again along side Abbas and Yousef. Zouzoula curled into a ball on the floor and screamed in pain. I took another container of zamzam water and emptied it on his body. His piercing screams filled the room. By the time the raqi finished the last verse, Zouzoula was dead. His lifeless body evaporated into a whirlwind of smoke as he disappeared.

     I rushed over to Aisha and shook her lightly. "Wake up Aisha. Everything is fine now."

     She didn't move.

Hey guys!! How y'all been? I been good😋 Please check out @burntpassion books and support her.